You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default splintering limbs

hey guys i was outside to day shooting my bow when i noticed the lower limb was starting to splinter. my question is should i replace both upper and lower limbs or just the effected limb the upper limb looks ok but i don't know if limbs are one of those things you just change out in pairs. was also wondering how much a new set of limbs will set me back I have a Parker Pursuer Xp. any info will be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    terry

I would recommend changing both to insure they are the same index #

Your best bet is to return the bow to your dealer and have them look at it. How old is your bow? If it's a recent model then chances are it will be covered by warranty and should cost little or nothing to you. As a rule both limbs are replaced in such instances and Parker has a pretty good reputation for customer service. Till then don't shoot the bow.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Star Shooter
    UBP Life Member
    PSAA Life Member
    Worldwide Scuba Diver

Good Advice! X2!!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Your best bet is to return the bow to your dealer and have them look at it. How old is your bow? If it's a recent model then chances are it will be covered by warranty and should cost little or nothing to you. As a rule both limbs are replaced in such instances and Parker has a pretty good reputation for customer service. Till then don't shoot the bow.
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

Thanks for the info guys. My bow is about year and a half old but I bought it in the bargain cave at Cabelas got it cheap because it was being discontinued. I know parker bows have a lifetime warranty but I never got the registration slip now I wish I would have paid the extra money and got a bow with a warranty.

If you contact Parker customer service, they should help you out even though you bought it from the bargin cave. I know most bow companies will unless they trace using serial numbers. Like Mathews....

Parker bow have their serial number on the lower limb sticker, so it's not uncommen for Parker to see a bow without one. You should have no problems, and change both limbs.
    Visit our web site
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    2 06 Martin Slayers, 63 & 55#s Nitrous C X QuikTune 3000s and HHA OL 5519s on both.
    04 Martin Cougar Elite Nitrous C X Quiktune 1000

Most of the time they will send both limbs regardless

I don't know about Parker but many bows today require no registration so supply a card. You may need your sales receipt. In your case, being as you bought the bow at Cabelas I would call Parker CS first and see what they say. The particular Cabelas you bought from may or may not have anybody working there who knows what they are doing. Parker CS should tell you your next step.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Star Shooter
    UBP Life Member
    PSAA Life Member
    Worldwide Scuba Diver