You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: hogs gone wild

Default hogs gone wild

Ok just a question? I was watching a show last night, think was "Hogs gone wild"! Now it was very clear that these pigs are becoming a real pain in the #?/@%! In more and more states everyday! To the land, our water, ENVIORNMENT, etc. And I know how the economy is tight everywhere, BUT why if these animals are reaking havoc on your land or whosever land and doing all that damage! Why is there so many places now that wanna make money from people to go and shoot these pigs which are hurting or land and the future of our/your land? Not wanting to sound cheap, have no problem paying for lodging meals with outfitters etc. Anyone else understand? Or should i keep my mouth shut!

You just have to find the right spot, there are many places in the south that charge barely more than what a nice hotel room and food cost a night.
    _______Matt__________
    Bowtech Invasion Black Ops: 330g Pro 22 @ 321fps
    Bowtech D350: 371g Flatline @ 336fps

All tuned to perfection by: Obsession Archery

"Show me the money"... years back the area i lived had been over run with pig's..all a guy needed was his licens and some way to kill it.. then the state desides hey wait we can sell tags so ok cheep enough and ya got 5.. Now I want to return to my home stompin grounds and take a few porkers.. but found out that the area is now Guide only. all because they found out money can be made.. lands been leased etc.. its sad realy. so i stay home and chase elk instead
    EastOutfitter Pro Staff Field Tester

Its all fun & Games. Untill you put that big boy on the ground..
    Now its time to get to work

When you and Es9x8 come down this summer, we'll get into that new archery range that my old club just built and do some of our own guiding, I know every road between here and there, and can take you to where I got mine. However, you remember what its like in you're ole stompin grounds in July. Sorry, best I could, couldn't find the smily for sweating your donkey off
    Visit our web site
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    2 06 Martin Slayers, 63 & 55#s Nitrous C X QuikTune 3000s and HHA OL 5519s on both.
    04 Martin Cougar Elite Nitrous C X Quiktune 1000

sounds good to me ... i know a hole i dont want to go into anymore..not 18 any longer where did the time go
    EastOutfitter Pro Staff Field Tester

Its all fun & Games. Untill you put that big boy on the ground..
    Now its time to get to work

I realize we are expected to "suspend disbelief" when watching a hollywood movie... but that show was the most over sensationalized, loosely based on actual fact "TV show", I've seen since Obama's last State of the Union address.

As to the question of charging an outrageous fee for hunting a hog... it's simple, the hunts will bring whatever the hunters are willing to fork over. Sadly, there's too many who are willing(and able) to do so.

If you live in Texas or Oklahoma, just bide your time... some day you may be able to hunt them in your own back yard.

The problem is that hogs stay where the food is. They are also smart enough to move if they are being hunted. If you are going to run a hog hunting operation you have to try and keep the hogs on your land. If the hogs are there all the time they are going to tear it up. The high prices are for keeping the feed going and for the wear and tear on the land along with lodging, blinds and posibly guide service. If you find a farmer with a hog problem they will gladly let you hunt them for free, but there's no guarantee that the hogs will be there when you're hunting. You also have to hunt a large piece of land as they can be anywhere on the property. The farmers will not let you bait that area to bring them in as that would just keep them coming back to their property more. If you want a high percentage hunt for hogs you just have to pay the piper. If you live close and can put in the time you can usually find places to hunt hogs for free. Just don't expect them to be there when you are ready to hunt. My 2 cents.

Hog huntin is no differnt than any other hunt, if people can find a way to get some dough from you to do it, they will, I mean, how mush is gas in your part of the country? Everybody want to earn some cash, but all of that aside, pigs are like any other wild animal, they need food, water, and shelter. When You find an area with pigs, and thats in 49 states now, look for those 3 nessititys.
    Visit our web site
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    2 06 Martin Slayers, 63 & 55#s Nitrous C X QuikTune 3000s and HHA OL 5519s on both.
    04 Martin Cougar Elite Nitrous C X Quiktune 1000

Been watching a show tonight on hogs called dangeroues encounters with braddy barr it would pretty good if it wasnt for that idiot.however they did say they were working on some kind of hog contraceptive to try an get hog population under control.as dumb as barr is he will probabley try to put a condom on the boar.

Default A little known fact !

THERE AREN'T MANY IN MY STATE , YET !