You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Top Shot

Default Top Shot

tonight on top shot is archery using bowtech bows. the assassin and the heartbreaker. wondering who the pro will be that will help them.
    Lingerie football. I dont care who wins.

sent using my keyboard and two fingers

I've heard Chris Bracket is going to be on the show.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

That chick on the show is smokin' hot
    Archerytalk, Helping Sponsors fleece novice Archers since 2001.

it should be a good time watching...
    EastOutfitter Pro Staff Field Tester

Its all fun & Games. Untill you put that big boy on the ground..
    Now its time to get to work

Yeah it was that idiot Brackett...........oh you smoked it......and the guy was shooting 5 inches left at 20 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by hutchies View Post
    Yeah it was that idiot Brackett...........oh you smoked it......and the guy was shooting 5 inches left at 20 yards.
    I hear ya. But I think it was more History channel trying to sell that the people on the show are better alround shooters than they really are.

My favorite quote was when Brackett talked about maggie,"she's hitting a paper target the size of a basketball from 20yrds. Most archers couldn't do that in 6 months." Really?? C'mon man...
    Be good or be good at it.

Maggie's bow was set up so poorly for her that she couldn't even anchor. Her draw hand was well away from her head, even when she was using the peep.

Makes me wonder if they deliberately set up the "competition" to get rid of her.

Allen

The "expert" didn't even look involved. Both teams had members that did much more coaching than he did. No one mentioned the proper technique of bending at the waist to line up a target from an elevated stand. I agree whoever set up the bows for the individuals didn't come close to the useable setup for the lady.
    PJMax

Retired and Proud of it!

I don't know about Maggie's bow because the 2nd day she used the peep in elimination.............Agreed though that brackett looked uninvolved. I love when they said this guy can shoot asprins out of the air. Yeah he can after 600 shots. Want to put an expert on there..........Hand then a Longbow and give them Byron Furgeson for a day. Give them a compound and give them somebody like Randy Ulmer for a day. Just makes no sense to give them Brackett and say he is a Expert!

Quote Originally Posted by hutchies View Post
    I don't know about Maggie's bow because the 2nd day she used the peep in elimination.............Agreed though that brackett looked uninvolved. I love when they said this guy can shoot asprins out of the air. Yeah he can after 600 shots. Want to put an expert on there..........Hand then a Longbow and give them Byron Furgeson for a day. Give them a compound and give them somebody like Randy Ulmer for a day. Just makes no sense to give them Brackett and say he is a Expert!
    Dang low budgit production anyway

He was more in to hittin on her then helping...

Stood back and let um all mess up..one guy's stance was all messed up my kid could have given better tip's
    I want a crack at that last shoot off, so long as I too get to use their arrows

I cant say I can blame him too much.
    Archerytalk, Helping Sponsors fleece novice Archers since 2001.

Anyone notice how there was never a camera angle from behind to see the shot uninterupted. I didn't buy any of it. It was not a good representation of archery. Oh yeah, the step up to the table and grab your bow thing like it was the first time they ever put their hands on it, come on. You know that they where all set up ahead of time. Very unrealistic that they could get all the draw lenghts, draw weight, peep alingment with out having the bow in the archers hands. We all know that if the set up isn;t right you wouldn't be able to hit the broad side of a barn at 20 yards. It was only the second time I have watched the show. I don't think I will ever watch it again.
    Bowtech Sniper 55lb 29" draw
    Easton ST Excell 400 with blazers, 100 grain field point
    True ball fire ball release, Octane 7" stabilizer, hostage capture rest, Spot Hogg Hunter sight

ofcorse they were all set up.. some better then the others...wonder who did them...some guys knew how to shoot already.. would be nice to know.
    and it was only 35feet that comit about "most guys couldnt hit this after 6 mo of shooting" was total . sure would have been nice to see one of the guys that could shoot, do the shoot off... how many do you all feal you could have gotten ?

trophy class deer hunter archeryassasin's Avatar

i wanna get on that show one day because i can for the most part pick up any gun or bow thats sighted in and shoot on with it.
    u aint seen country yet!

Default assasin vs. heartbreaker

was wondering about both these bows i have a short draw 26"-27" would it be better to shoot the heartbreaker maxed out 27" 60lbs or assasin turned down ive shot both bows they feel great but not sure what the performance difference would be.