You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Specialty Archery

Looking at peep sights lately, i want a more clear sight picture, but i dont want to use a verifier, or clarifier, will a different angle peep make a difference? My bow is only 33" ATA, that degree peep is for bows under 40 inches....just asking how much better this 37 degree specialty peep would be than the regular fletcher peep i have...

I don't have a bow that short but for my 37"ATA the special peep lines right up and gives a good view of your sight.They sell inserts with no lense so you can try different size peeps without ever removing your peep from the string.

Win Win

If you have a shop anywhere nearby they may have the 37 degree peep. I'd say with a 33" bow if your draw length is about 29" or longer you may just find this works better than the 42-45 degree peeps. I'd look and see if a shop has them and try one before buying.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Star Shooter
    UBP Life Member
    PSAA Life Member
    Worldwide Scuba Diver

I see in another post that you've decided to give the 37* peep a try, as bfisher said that 33 in. bow is gonna have a steep string angle. I think it will help, good luck.
    Visit our web site
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    2 06 Martin Slayers, 63 & 55#s Nitrous C X QuikTune 3000s and HHA OL 5519s on both.
    04 Martin Cougar Elite Nitrous C X Quiktune 1000

Quote Originally Posted by kgoss33@gmail.com View Post
    Looking at peep sights lately, i want a more clear sight picture, but i dont want to use a verifier, or clarifier, will a different angle peep make a difference? My bow is only 33" ATA, that degree peep is for bows under 40 inches....just asking how much better this 37 degree specialty peep would be than the regular fletcher peep i have...

Just keep in mind, that all the change in degree angle is going to do is let you see through the peep different. If your able to see through it now with a full circle of view then changing the pitch will not make the pin and target anymore clear. If you cannot see a full circle of view then the pitch may improve your field of view or it may be a issue of correct alignment either high or low when at anchor or is it turned some at full draw that you are looking through it somewhat sideways? If it’s a blurry pin or target this again can be corrected by the size in diameter of the peep size and or a clarifier, in which your trying to avoid.

Just a few thoughts thrown out
    The only one that is your competitor is the air between your ears!

email fletcher and ask what pitch theyre peeps are made, good question, when you find out let us know.
    Archerytalk, Helping Sponsors fleece novice Archers since 2001.