You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    532

    Default Aerovane Fletching Jig

    Has anyone used this fletching jig?

    http://shop.firenock.com/category.sc?categoryId=16

    It looks like a great tool, but $350 seems a bit steep to fletch arrows.

    Could it possibly be worth the price?

    Allen

  2. #2
    Senior Member longcut36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    3,599

    Default

    I dont think so. I'll keep on using my 15 year old jo jan.
    Lingerie football. I dont care who wins.

    sent using my keyboard and two fingers

  3. #3
    Senior Member Archerdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    896

    Default

    really nice piece. i could not afford it.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    199

    Default

    i use AAE jig only 20 dollar and work like charm, no need 350 jig but think about get jo-jan fletching.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pine Grove, Pa.
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by longcut36 View Post
    I dont think so. I'll keep on using my 15 year old jo jan.
    What he said.

  6. #6

    Default

    ridiculously overbuilt, over engineered jig. Im stickin with my bitz.
    Archerytalk, Helping Sponsors fleece novice Archers since 2001.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Compound Comedian View Post
    :... ridiculously overbuilt, over engineered jig...

    That's the phrases I was looking for!

    It's a beautiful tool, but will it fletch an arrow 4 1/2 times better than an $80 bitzenberger? I don't think so.

    But I wouldn't critisize someone for buying one. I might be able to get it at a reasonable price when he realizes that you can't buy skill in archery.

    Allen

  8. #8
    EastOutfitters elkslayer4x5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lane County, Oregon
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    That's the phrases I was looking for!

    It's a beautiful tool, but will it fletch an arrow 4 1/2 times better than an $80 bitzenberger? I don't think so.

    But I wouldn't critisize someone for buying one. I might be able to get it at a reasonable price when he realizes that you can't buy skill in archery.

    Allen
    I'd rather have the 4.5 Bitzes
    Visit our web site
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    2 06 Martin Slayers, 63 & 55#s Nitrous C X QuikTune 3000s and HHA OL 5519s on both.
    04 Martin Cougar Elite Nitrous C X Quiktune 1000

  9. #9
    Junior Member Firenock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Henry, IL
    Posts
    76

    Default depends on who and what

    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Has anyone used this fletching jig?

    http://shop.firenock.com/category.sc?categoryId=16

    It looks like a great tool, but $350 seems a bit steep to fletch arrows.

    Could it possibly be worth the price?

    Allen
    For the average archer, generally no. But for those who demand the best, an unquestionable YES. Ask yourself this question, if you are concern about 0.001" on shaft straightness, and under 1 grain on arrow weight, how come one can accept over 5-10 degree variance on vanes on a Bits and about 7-12 on a jo jann? And for those who say they do not shot far, then why bother with vanes and bare shaft for some are more accurate, right? As vanes really do nothing for them and do not play any role in arrow accuracy, right? I believe not, or I would not have make it, especially being the designer and developer of Aerovanes (airfoils based vane(wing) for arrows).
    Dorge O Huang dorgeh@firenock.com Phone: (815) 780-1695 URL: http://www.firenock.com
    Operating Manager of Firenock LLC, The Most Advanced Lighted Nock® Company.
    Maker of Firenock®, Aerovane®, Aerovane Jig, iBowSight™, AeroRest™, APS (Arrow Preparation System), AeroPoint™, AeroInsert™, Lightning Nock®, AeroBolt™, and Hydro® systems.
    Use ProString, Posten Stabs

  10. #10
    Guest Gator eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In the horn of Michigan
    Posts
    7,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firenock View Post
    For the average archer, generally no. But for those who demand the best, an unquestionable YES. Ask yourself this question, if you are concern about 0.001" on shaft straightness, and under 1 grain on arrow weight, how come one can accept over 5-10 degree variance on vanes on a Bits and about 7-12 on a jo jann? And for those who say they do not shot far, then why bother with vanes and bare shaft for some are more accurate, right? As vanes really do nothing for them and do not play any role in arrow accuracy, right? I believe not, or I would not have make it, especially being the designer and developer of Aerovanes (airfoils based vane(wing) for arrows).


    Where is the variance is coming from? how the arrow is held(the knock)?

    5 to 10 degree variance from arrow to arrow is fairly large and I would think if you looked closely you should be able to see the difference from arrow to arrow. I look down my arrows everyday and never noticed a huge difference in my vanes beside a few due to human error now and again.

  11. #11
    Junior Member Firenock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Henry, IL
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    Where is the variance is coming from? how the arrow is held(the knock)?
    5 to 10 degree variance from arrow to arrow is fairly large and I would think if you looked closely you should be able to see the difference from arrow to arrow. I look down my arrows everyday and never noticed a huge difference in my vanes beside a few due to human error now and again.
    The variance is coming from 4 areas.
    1) the chuck, 3 fletch is not 120 each but 120, 118, and 122 on the 12 I own. I think they must have it index wrong since day 1
    2) the play in the chuck collar, which can be much larger as wear sets in
    3) the angle and nock drop when the arrow drop into the valley as the nock rocks in the receiver
    4) the play between the nock and the receiver

    As the arrow rotates from one index to the other, try to rotate the nock to each extreme left or right and you will see exactly where that variances are. Can this variance be minimized? Sure, then the skill of the user is now part of the equation, not the equipment alone. The discussion is on equipment alone. Now try to fletch 6 arrows on 6 different bitz right off the bench with randomly 6 clamp, the variance(s) will be very obvious.
    Dorge O Huang dorgeh@firenock.com Phone: (815) 780-1695 URL: http://www.firenock.com
    Operating Manager of Firenock LLC, The Most Advanced Lighted Nock® Company.
    Maker of Firenock®, Aerovane®, Aerovane Jig, iBowSight™, AeroRest™, APS (Arrow Preparation System), AeroPoint™, AeroInsert™, Lightning Nock®, AeroBolt™, and Hydro® systems.
    Use ProString, Posten Stabs

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Saw that rig at an expo this past weekend and was so impressed that I plan on buying at least one.........right after I get my Lamborghini.

  13. #13
    Guest Gator eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In the horn of Michigan
    Posts
    7,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firenock View Post
    The variance is coming from 4 areas.
    1) the chuck, 3 fletch is not 120 each but 120, 118, and 122 on the 12 I own. I think they must have it index wrong since day 1
    2) the play in the chuck collar, which can be much larger as wear sets in
    3) the angle and nock drop when the arrow drop into the valley as the nock rocks in the receiver
    4) the play between the nock and the receiver

    As the arrow rotates from one index to the other, try to rotate the nock to each extreme left or right and you will see exactly where that variances are. Can this variance be minimized? Sure, then the skill of the user is now part of the equation, not the equipment alone. The discussion is on equipment alone. Now try to fletch 6 arrows on 6 different bitz right off the bench with randomly 6 clamp, the variance(s) will be very obvious.


    How much of a difference does 120,118,and 122 make in arrow flight?

  14. #14
    Senior Member kebees4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    354

    Default

    I think I will stick to my $50 tower jig.
    Athens Factory Staff Shooter
    Dead Center Archery Staff Shooter/Tru Ball staff shooter/Bohning Shooting Staff
    K&E Taxidermy
    http://www.freewebs.com/gerrystaxidermy/index.htm

  15. #15
    Junior Member Firenock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Henry, IL
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBee View Post
    Saw that rig at an expo this past weekend and was so impressed that I plan on buying at least one.........right after I get my Lamborghini.
    Did you get the New Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera? I saw a very nice orange one in the dealer on North Avenue, west of Lombard of Illinois, not far from my old house. Very nice. When will you pick yours up so I can plan for your multi jig order? I know how high end customer do not like to wait.
    Dorge O Huang dorgeh@firenock.com Phone: (815) 780-1695 URL: http://www.firenock.com
    Operating Manager of Firenock LLC, The Most Advanced Lighted Nock® Company.
    Maker of Firenock®, Aerovane®, Aerovane Jig, iBowSight™, AeroRest™, APS (Arrow Preparation System), AeroPoint™, AeroInsert™, Lightning Nock®, AeroBolt™, and Hydro® systems.
    Use ProString, Posten Stabs

  16. #16
    Super Member BuckeyeRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    N. Illinois
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firenock View Post
    Did you get the New Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera? I saw a very nice orange one in the dealer on North Avenue, west of Lombard of Illinois, not far from my old house. Very nice. When will you pick yours up so I can plan for your multi jig order? I know how high end customer do not like to wait.
    Is this really the best marketing direction? Mocking a potential market base publicly?

    I have no doubt your jig is very well made and has it's benefits. Why not explain in greater detail what makes your product that much better and worth the extra cash. Show/prove the tolerance issues with your competitors product against your own.
    Be good or be good at it.

  17. #17
    Senior Member TMax27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Fairland, OK
    Posts
    778

    Default

    I think I will stick with my Bitz and Zenith Upgrade
    2008 Elite XXL 29 3/4" 70lbs- G1 Camo
    2008.5 Elite XLR 29 3/4" 60lbs- Ninja
    2009 Elite XLR 29 3/4" 65lbs- Metallic Red
    2009 Elite GT500 w/ Cuda Cams 25" 47lbs- Pink Ninja

  18. #18
    Senior Member shark3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    just outside Cincinnati Ohio
    Posts
    407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by longcut36 View Post
    I dont think so. I'll keep on using my 15 year old jo jan.

    same here $350 jesus christ why

    Red. PSE Supra ME
    Black. PSE Supra ME

  19. #19
    Junior Member Firenock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Henry, IL
    Posts
    76

    Default Not at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
    Is this really the best marketing direction? Mocking a potential market base publicly?
    I think you got it wrong. I know I have customer who not only own a few Lamborghini, some actually own their own long range jets. If someone told me that is what he is buying, I do not question for it may be exactly what they are going to do. I vividly remember one time when I try to explain how to take the battery off when flying to prevent damage from X-ray, the customer inform me that he got his own jet, and he just drop $1,800.00 on lighted nock for his Argentina and South Africa 2 week trip. You do not know how stupid that had make me feel, I learned.

    As for the precision and better, it is best for customer to decide. I offer a 30 days UNCONDITIONAL refund and exchange for all Firenock product. All I can write and say are just exactly that. One can with technically no money tried the system and decide for his/her own. If the difference justify the cost, then keep it, if not, send it back and get the full refund including shipping to you. The only "lost" is shipping back to me. That is what I call putting it on the line and proof it.

    FYI, Firenock Aerovane Jig can be obtained as low as $119.90 with the bare jig and a set of chuck. If one want to fully deck it out, it is actually closer to $900.00. I do make a simple set for $349.95. Below is our current price list for your information. It is all available at our web store.


    Price and offering
    AVJGMA (Master Set) MSRP$ 419.95: which include the jig, 4-way adjustable neck, base, clamp, 1 chuck set, bottle of glue, and deluxe camo case.
    AVJGEU (Enthusiast Set) MSRP$ 349.95: which include the jig, 4-way adjustable neck, base, clamp, 1 chuck set, and black case
    AVJGBJ (Bare Aerovane Jig) MSRP$ 99.95: Jig with no chuck set
    AVJGLA (Standard Laser Module) MSRP$ 99.95: standard line laser alignment module
    AVJGLZ (Precision Laser Module) Not Set: precision German optics line laser alignment module
    AVJGNE (Neck) MSRP$ 99.95: 4 -way adjustable neck
    AVJGPN (Production neck) MSRP$ 19.95: stainless steel production neck
    AVJGBP (Base Plate) MSRP$ 39.95: Aerovane Base to be use with Production neck or the 4-way adjustable neck
    AVJGCS (Aerovane Clamp) MSRP$ 79.95: Aerovane clamp
    AVJGAC (Deluxe Case) MSRP$ 99.95: Deluxe camo case with water cut foam for best protection and storage
    AVC000 (Adjustable Chuck Set) Not Set: Adjustable chuck and hook set for 0.115" to 0.667" size arrow/bolt
    AVC204 (Slim Chuck Set) MSRP$ 19.95: Fix size chuck and hook set for 0.204" size arrow
    AVC244 (Standard Chuck Set) MSRP$ 19.95: Fix size chuck and hook set for 0.244" size arrow
    AVC300 (Crossbow Chuck Set) MSRP$ 19.95: Fix size chuck and hook set for 0.300" size arrow/bolt
    AG0600 (Aerovane Glue) MSRP$ 9.95: 1oz bottle of Aerovane glue
    Dorge O Huang dorgeh@firenock.com Phone: (815) 780-1695 URL: http://www.firenock.com
    Operating Manager of Firenock LLC, The Most Advanced Lighted Nock® Company.
    Maker of Firenock®, Aerovane®, Aerovane Jig, iBowSight™, AeroRest™, APS (Arrow Preparation System), AeroPoint™, AeroInsert™, Lightning Nock®, AeroBolt™, and Hydro® systems.
    Use ProString, Posten Stabs

  20. #20
    Senior Member shark3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    just outside Cincinnati Ohio
    Posts
    407

    Default

    you know if i was shooting 150 yards and keeping 2 inch groups making 6 digits a year doing it i think i could justify one but right now i'll keep my $100 multi fletcher

    Red. PSE Supra ME
    Black. PSE Supra ME

Similar Threads

  1. Firenock aerovane jig
    By Firenock in forum Manufacturer Announcements and Press Releases
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-24-2011, 07:33 AM
  2. Firenock Aerovane Jig 1st Video
    By Firenock in forum Manufacturer Announcements and Press Releases
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 06:36 AM
  3. Aerovane Jig in Deluxe case
    By Firenock in forum Manufacturer Announcements and Press Releases
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2010, 04:36 PM
  4. Firenock Aerovane FAQs
    By Firenock in forum Manufacturer Announcements and Press Releases
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 02:21 PM
  5. Anatomy of Aerovane II
    By Firenock in forum Manufacturer Announcements and Press Releases
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-27-2009, 09:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •