You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Fletching Jig

Default Fletching Jig

wanting to start fletching my on arrows.looking at the Bohning Archery blazer Jig.Is this a good product for the money.an what is the glue most people would reccomend.its about $40.00 in lancster plus shipping.Dont need a real high $$$ one.It will give somthing to do on rainy days.

I've got Bohning's other red plastic/metal jig, and it wooks pretty good, although mine has a weak clamp, wish I'd have gotten the Grayling jig instread. Of course, I'd much rather have the Bitzenberger, last you a life time...
    Visit our web site
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    2 06 Martin Slayers, 63 & 55#s Nitrous C X QuikTune 3000s and HHA OL 5519s on both.
    04 Martin Cougar Elite Nitrous C X Quiktune 1000

I would go with a helical Grayling if I didnt have the $ for the Bitz. The Grayling is a working mans priced Bitz clone.
    Archerytalk, Helping Sponsors fleece novice Archers since 2001.

i have AAE fletching jig and it only slight straight 1* degree but best price i can get anywhere like ebay, other archery online store either..

you might want to take a look or dependable on yoru arrow rest if you are shoot a dropaway u can go any of fletching u like to, if u are shoot a 360* or tri van or WB u might want to shoot a straight or offset..

true that, whisker shooters will have issues with helical

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    I've got Bohning's other red plastic/metal jig, and it wooks pretty good, although mine has a weak clamp, wish I'd have gotten the Grayling jig instread. Of course, I'd much rather have the Bitzenberger, last you a life time...
    Found a grayling but it says it only does 3&4 inch vanes.i shoot the 2" blazers.Been using the N.A.P quick fletch an they work fine i guess but fletching them myself would be fun to i think.now there may be a grayling that works on blazers but lancaster dont show 1.

??? I have a friend with a graying and he fletches 2" all the time with it?

the grayling does 3 or 4 vane fletch, ie 120 or 90 degree. the grayling will fletch all sizes of vanes 1.5" to 5"

AAE what i have will do the job from 1.5 to 5" fletch in vanes or feathers, coz i shoot a tri van contour that need to be straight of offset but i'm happy with 1 degree offset blazer on my arrow.

AAE are make by plastic and have line guides on clamp where u want to place ur fletch on.
    AAE jig can cost 20 dollar an jig or a kits for 30 doollar depend on store, but go to ebay and you'll see tons of jigs for best deal u can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Compound Comedian View Post
    ??? I have a friend with a graying and he fletches 2" all the time with it?
    thanks,ill probably give that one a try.it looks like the one on the how to thread that someone posted on how to fletch arrows.

I may have missed it? Did anyone mention a Jo Jan multi fletcher? I have seen them in about 25% of the shops in the NW and dealers say they work really well. Any comment here?
    I have to agree with the Bitz though! I have 2 and they truly are a lifetimer!

If you decide to get the Bohning, check the clamps.

I bought one several years ago when I was out of town and needed to repair fletching. At the time it was good for what I needed, but when I got home, I put it away. A couple of days ago, I decided to use it to fletch some arrows with feathers. The clamp has "RIGHT" on it, but it is actually a LEFT helical.

If you ever plan to fletch with feathers, be sure that you get a clamp that matches the feathers. Bohning may have a different definition of left and right.

Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    If you decide to get the Bohning, check the clamps.

I bought one several years ago when I was out of town and needed to repair fletching. At the time it was good for what I needed, but when I got home, I put it away. A couple of days ago, I decided to use it to fletch some arrows with feathers. The clamp has "RIGHT" on it, but it is actually a LEFT helical.

If you ever plan to fletch with feathers, be sure that you get a clamp that matches the feathers. Bohning may have a different definition of left and right.

Allen
    Bohning makes vanes which are neither rigth or left, so you're probably right, and they do have a differnt defination of left and right
    Visit our web site
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    2 06 Martin Slayers, 63 & 55#s Nitrous C X QuikTune 3000s and HHA OL 5519s on both.
    04 Martin Cougar Elite Nitrous C X Quiktune 1000

I own a Bitz. Im sayin the Grayling is the best budget next best thing. I use Bohning and AAE prodcucts, but in the budget fletching jig dept, Graylings got it . It works pretty much like a bitz , but isnt all metal.

I have the grayling and the bohning and just picked up a bohning blazer fletcher (haven't tried it yet).

between the Grayling and the Bohning clamp style fletcher I feel the Grayling is a the better of the two. I have used the Grayling for many years.

i have a bohning but gonna get a greyling...bohning works great but seen the greyling in action and its alot better...jmo