You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Need some questions answered

Ive been bowhunting for 15 yrs now. I would like to get into 3D tournaments. Can anyone explain the different tournaments to me and what they are? I see things like IBO league and stuff like that, but what tournament would best fit me for having a hunting bow?

Just go....they have different classes for just about any kind of equipment you have.

Just find a local shoot and go, if you got nobody to go with just wait at the sign up desk and ask to jump in with the next group. Most guys will be more than willing to show you the ins and outs of the game.

That is the best way to get involved, signup and start shooting. Every body had a first time.
    Visit our web site
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    2 06 Martin Slayers, 63 & 55#s Nitrous C X QuikTune 3000s and HHA OL 5519s on both.
    04 Martin Cougar Elite Nitrous C X Quiktune 1000

You would be in the bowhunter class. There are different organizations such as IBO and ASA. You can look them up on the internet for rules. Also NFAA. It really depends on your location. Most local club shoots are very lax and just for fun. That is the best place to start. League is run by a local shop or club and you go and shoot for several weeks and are scored against others who have also paid to shoot once a week at that particular time/place. There are several different kinds and you can ask at your local club or shop. League is geared toward new shooters and there is usually some kind of handicap.
    Proudly representing BowTech, Oak Ridge Archery, Vaportrail, Gold Tip, Dead Center Archery Products and CNC slings for the 2012 season

its only rubber deer, relax and go stick some foam.
    Archerytalk, Helping Sponsors fleece novice Archers since 2001.

just go and have fun...but be very careful!!!! very addicting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3D's are so much fun! Especially if you find a good group to shoot with. I agree, find one and go shoot. I did that when I first started, was able to just jump in a group and ended up having buddies to shoot with at other shoots

Just go and have fun-nobody says you have to turn in your score card if you dont want to. Most of the time I use my own. Later in the summer I use a score card that is just a yes or no card. Yes its a killing shot or no it isnt. Great practice for the hunting season.

go to your local pro shop and if you have one . if its anything like mine were always looking for people to join us at local shoots . sometimes theres 2 or 3 in the group and sometimes we have as much as 10 . we will cover a couple 100 miles at times . we usually go to 10+ shoots a year . also if you have a rinehart 100 in your area there a fun shoot and usually have most targets in the 20 to 30 yard range with some as far as 50 .