You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Arrow Situation

Default Arrow Situation

I have been trying to get these 22 pros from GT to be perfect and have had some trouble, i shot cleveland yesterday, and in about 5-8 targets these arrows were kicked like an idiot.
    There was only 1-2 that was kicked left, and then the others were kicked nock low......
    Came home shot yesterday, and today, and at 45 they stack, but at 30 yds, 2 were kicked nock low.
    Im asking what that means.....and i nock high on my nock point? or nock low? My rest prong is at the very top of my burger button....should i have it middle low or top?

Also, Im looking into fatboys.....wanna know whats the best spine outta the 3 for my set up
    I'll be shooting a 63# Darton DS-3800, 28" DL, ATA is 33 13/16, let off is 80%, not sure what people who use archers advantage need, i'll be trying an 80 and a 100 grain point, total arrow weight will end up around 315.....wanna know whats best for this set up....thanks guys.

Sounds like a torque issue to me. Are you torqueing your wrist at that distance to get a better look through your peep? I would try a bare shaft and a fletch shaft at ten yards and see if your knock height is perfect.

As far as Fatboys, 400 spine should match right up. I'm shooting 64 pounds at around 28.25 draw and they tuned right in and fly nice. With 80 grain tips mine weight in at 342 grains.

Like I have been telling you from the start with your arrow issues....and as have a good # of people.

It is either something YOU are doing form wise....or your arrows and bow isn't tuned together. Your not going to have a couple arrows flying good and then others that don't hit or fly funny if they are all setup the same and the bow has really been tuned. If they all fly good sometimes and other times they don't....it's YOU.

Changing to Fatboys, ACCs, Maximas, Line Jammers....or Angel Hair Pasta is going to give you the same results if your shooting the same way and setting the setup up the same way.

I haven't followed your situation, as Brown Hornet talks about. I would, owever, say that if the 2 arrows in question are flying the same as the others and hitting where they aimed then there may be nothing at all wrong with them. You need to number the arrows to see if it's the same two all the time. If it's random arrows then I would suggest that they are fine and it's just the target butt. It's not all that uncommon for arrows to stick into a target butt at an odd angle.

I doubt seriously that at 30 yards your arrows have not corrected for any tuning flaw or form flaw, and long before reaching 30 yards. They would more than likely show a completely different point of impact rather than a different angle of entry.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Star Shooter
    UBP Life Member
    PSAA Life Member
    Worldwide Scuba Diver

I dont think it's a torque issue, i shot the lightspeed 340's out of my XLR8, and that bow was 100x easier to torque than this bow. and when i shot those arrows, i NEVER in a year in a half had an issue with them kicking, or having any flight issues, all my good shots resulted in centered shots.....these, i'll make a good shot, and it's not behind the pin, why would a lightspeed 3-d give me behind my pin accuracy with a bow like an XLR8, but a DS-3800 would cause these to kick. doesnt make sense.

As I asked before, is it the same two arrows all the time? Try rolling them across a flat surface and see if they wobble. They shold be straight but sometimes QC misses one once in a while. I know I have 22 Series Pro shafts and actually had one that was .010 for straightness instead of .001".

Also they are a .300 spine so are stiff. They seem to be a very adaptable arrow shaft as I shoot them for indoor spots at 27" and 42#. Don't paper tune worth squat but they group. Of course, we're all individuals.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Star Shooter
    UBP Life Member
    PSAA Life Member
    Worldwide Scuba Diver

there are 2-3 that if i miss always miss the same.

I am looking into 400 fatboys, i've had less issues w eastons, im getting fed up w goldtip....
    I know my rest needs to drop down slightly to hit the center of the burger button, and that would drop my nock point, which would make a difference. I'll be doing that this week, possibly tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by kgoss33@gmail.com View Post
    there are 2-3 that if i miss always miss the same.

I am looking into 400 fatboys, i've had less issues w eastons, im getting fed up w goldtip....
    I know my rest needs to drop down slightly to hit the center of the burger button, and that would drop my nock point, which would make a difference. I'll be doing that this week, possibly tomorrow.
    Have you shot them thru paper? I have shot tons of different arrows for 3D. I honestly can say that the 22's are my favorite to date. As long as I am shooting a good hole then they group well for me.
    Jame

Quote Originally Posted by jame View Post
    Have you shot them thru paper? I have shot tons of different arrows for 3D. I honestly can say that the 22's are my favorite to date. As long as I am shooting a good hole then they group well for me.
    Jame

You running a Uni bushing, or are you using GT's pin nock system?

One more factor to consider.......spine consistacy.

I have had arrows measure .001" for srtaightness but have been as far out as .024" for spine. Of coarse, this was the most extreme case I've run into but have found that it is not uncommon to find a couple, out of a doz, to be .010/.012 out.

Not sayin that this is the prob but it is something else to check.

I dont think it's a torque issue, i shot the lightspeed 340's out of my XLR8, and that bow was 100x easier to torque than this bow. and when i shot those arrows, i NEVER in a year in a half had an issue with them kicking, or having any flight issues, all my good shots resulted in centered shots.....these, i'll make a good shot, and it's not behind the pin, why would a lightspeed 3-d give me behind my pin accuracy with a bow like an XLR8, but a DS-3800 would cause these to kick. doesnt make sense.
    why....

because you haven't tuned the arrows to the bow. You got lucky with the light speeds or either you actually set the bow up for them.

Paper tune the thing....turn all your nocks to make sure they are all grouping together....you have to shoot them here. Then group tune at 50 or 60 yds....if your arrows aren't hitting "behind the pin" Never had a tuned setup that wouldn't....then you can't shoot

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
    why....

because you haven't tuned the arrows to the bow. You got lucky with the light speeds or either you actually set the bow up for them.

Paper tune the thing....turn all your nocks to make sure they are all grouping together....you have to shoot them here. Then group tune at 50 or 60 yds....if your arrows aren't hitting "behind the pin" Never had a tuned setup that wouldn't....then you can't shoot

Lol, i hate you sometimes.

Lol, i hate you sometimes.
    truth sucks