You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default riser shelf and broadhead

anyone shoot fixed blade/mechs front, middle or back of riser shelf ? as i read other fourm say if shot arrow front of riser give less speed if have short arrow and shot back of riser as style " overdraw " what is more comfortable you shoot front or middle or back of riser shelf ?
    mine have shoot just slight back of riser for more speed the arrow surface is 1 inch off shelf and center of insert where screw in is 3/4" off shelf so i woner if muzzy phanton 1 1/8" x 1"cut diameter be ok ?
    was worry about if any blade might touch shelf or riser of wall ??

I shoot mine so the broadhead is in front of the riser, that way I don't end up with a sharp broadhead setting on top of my hand at full draw if it falls off the rest.

the arrow rest i use is tri van contour, so they dont fall off from rest, myself just have to take a look at small diameter cut to like redhead blackout fixed blade " striker style " but it has 1/ 16 smaller than g5 striker

but i wonder about muzzy phantom mx4 a low profile blade, but i couldnt see where arrow stop when full draw coz i think it just slight inside of back riser i'm not sure but i'll need someone to take a look and point where arrow are at full draw.

Really there isn't much of a speed difference between a long and short arrow unless you can shoot a softer spined arrow when going shorter. Assume that you are shooting something like a 400 spine that weighs 8.5 gr/in. If you cut 2" off that arrow it's going to drop the weight by 17 grains which will only give you about 4 fps extra speed. For that little bit I'd stay with the longer arrow.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Star Shooter
    UBP Life Member
    PSAA Life Member
    Worldwide Scuba Diver

Scent free & sittin High vortec 1's Avatar

Where are you comfortable? Have someone take a picture of you at full draw and see if it looks good to you. Speed is great but go with what you feel is safe. I shoot a tm hunter rest, my target arrows are one inch past my rest which sets back and puts the arrow in middlle of ledge. My hunting arrows go two inches past my rest which puts the point around the front edge of riser.Like bfisher says your not giving up much in speed.
    HIGH COUNTRY SPEED PRO X10 "SPEED KILLS",HHA site,Carbon force Mayhem/Easton Fat Boy Arrows,Alpine quiver,TM hunter and Swhacker Broadheads.

i shot a gt 7595 340 spine at my set up 70# and i'm think of go with small mech or small head like nitron somethings like that, at other shop measure arrow at full draw between 29 1/4" and 28 3/4" so i adjust the rest to back little more and measure and get 28 3/8" so i think i like short arrow but i'm worry about the shelf and the blade might touch when trigger the arrow if shoot a big dia cut blade but i think i'm go with smaller head,

just got check on full draw, friend say the arrow just stop just 1/2" inside of back riser but not just middle of 2 hole where rest screw in just slight on last of hole of screw, he say 3/4" from rest so i guess it's good but now need to find a right fixed blade head that will not touch the shelf or wall of riser but for mech go any size ..

i would like to shoot a COC fixed blade this year, i guess i might have to go to small head like redhead blackout or nap nitron or other that make a smal fiexed blade, but for mech no problem..

friend say my set up are prefect when pull at full draw with arrow .. prefect center straight
    broadhead and the shelf/wall of riser is KEY aviod contact if shot a short arrow .