You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default help with bows ?????

I want to get a bow for 3-D. more of a target bow. and it will be a used one for now.My question is what bow. Mathews or Hoyt. what not to get. and why. thanks Alllen

Hard question to answer...........there are so many great bows out there. My best suggestion is to stop by a couple of bow shops that carry a fair amount of bows and start trying them. Found out what draw length you have, what feels more comfortable for you, a long ATA or shorter ATA. Try different cams ect.... it'll give you a starting point on what to look for when buying a bow. What ever you decide you like I'm sure AT as a ton of them for sale in the classifieds.

Talking Here's what I think !

First off welcome to this site !

Both these makers that you mention are known at bow touraments .

If you want to get money for shooting then by all means chose Mathrews as they got the best shooters that money can buy , but Hoyt doesn't do bad and they seemed to have been producing quality bows over the years and still are , but so have Martins , Bears , PSE and Dartons with the last four companies not having the great number of shooters !

I'd shoot a Mathrews bow as I own one myself , but I like Hoyt products better and would consider another brands .

Hope I didn't confuse you too much !

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    Hard question to answer...........there are so many great bows out there. My best suggestion is to stop by a couple of bow shops that carry a fair amount of bows and start trying them. Found out what draw length you have, what feels more comfortable for you, a long ATA or shorter ATA. Try different cams ect.... it'll give you a starting point on what to look for when buying a bow. What ever you decide you like I'm sure AT as a ton of them for sale in the classifieds.
    this

Talking A little known fact !

AT has about three tons + !

I won't mention any brands or models, but can tell you I've been to enough money shoots and paid strict attention to those who collect most of the prize money and for the most part they are shooting longer a2a bows with about 37" to 38" being the minimum. I know it's not much help, but might help narrow your choices down a bit.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Star Shooter
    UBP Life Member
    PSAA Life Member
    Worldwide Scuba Diver