You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Burger button

Default Burger button

I have read alot about shooters trying different rest positions thru the burger button....mine is set at the top of the botton....the very top....i've been told it's supposed to be thru the center....im assuming since mines high, that it results in a higher nocking point, which would probably cause flight issues...my arrows kick too often to be just from the targets....and i KNOW i dont torque the bow....i shoot well with it, but i am wondering, performance wise what would i gain by centering everything up thru the button...?
    I saw the alphaburner likes a low set up....wondering if speed would pick up, holding....anything would imporove....any thoughts?

gotta play with it buddy in all honesty....not every bow likes the same spot. But there can be tendencies for a certain bow.

My Katera last year had the arrow lower in the hole...the one this year is a little higher....indoors I shot it a little higher then both in the top third.

But not as high as I think your talking about....haven't ever had an arrow up there.

Can I ask what it you guys are talking about? I shoot an alphaburner with a QAD ultra rest and have noticed with the capture bar on my c*** vane was hitting so i took it off and my arrow flight straightened out(had a cork screw flight going on before)
    Whats a burger button?

It's the hole in the riser that the arrow rest bolts into.

Like Hornet said.....different bows like different settings, most of mine end up slightly higher than the middle.

They are referring to the rest mounting holes, once commonly referred to as Burger Button Holes. And it's not Burger Button. It's Berger named after Vic Berger who was the inventor of the Berger Button, a spring pressure button mounted through the riser to dampen sideways oscillation of the arrow when shot with fingers. There are still lots of them made, but release shooters don't use them. They are commonly called plunger buttons.

Everybody has some notion that a rest has to be set so the arrow bisects the rest mounting holes, but it isn't so. If the rest is high or low then the nocking point on the string is located accordingly during any tuning process. That's partly what tuning is all about. Years ago the deepest part of the grip was the vertical center of the bow and we were able to finely tune those bows. Even with today's bows the rest is above center on almost all models and the vertical center is closer to the arrow shelf, which isn't even an arrow shelf anymore because we don't shoot arrows off the shelf.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Star Shooter
    UBP Life Member
    PSAA Life Member
    Worldwide Scuba Diver

Actually Norman Pint invented the pressure button Vic Berger made it famous...

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/3482563.html
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    Actually Norman Pint invented the pressure button Vic Berger made it famous...

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/3482563.html

Another Myth Busted!!

JAVI,

I won't dispute you, Oh wise one. This was just about the time I was in my prime for target and field shooting so I just assumed Berger was the inventor. Now I've just learned a little more about archery history. Thankyou, but does my explanation about the Berger hole hold any water?

Oh, and I don't know who invented the Burger, but can assure you that McDonalds made IT famous.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Star Shooter
    UBP Life Member
    PSAA Life Member
    Worldwide Scuba Diver

Isn't the "Burger Button" the one at Sonics?