You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: cable guard

Default cable guard

I was wondering if the bowstring on a compound bow is supposed to strike the cable guard on release and if it is supposed to come to rest on the opposite side of the cable guard every third or fourth shot?

no .check to see if the cable rod all the way in .ive also seen that happen on older bows with twisted limbs . best would be to take it to a shop and have them look at it .

Had my string hit the rod end on an older bow. In my case, the tapped hole in the riser was put in on an angle. To fix all I did was bend the rod so that it was parallel to the plane of the string's travel. Could also be that the rod is bent, in which case I would take upnorth's suggestion bout going to a shop in case there is more 2it.

Default answer to cable guard query

Thanks , guys. I suspected it was not right and it is an older bow, maybe twenty years or more. It was given me and I had to have it restrung , sights added , arrow rest , etc. Could probably have started new cheaper. I,m pretty old and this is first compound bow , so with all the expense , plus the fact that when I started , it was all I could do to break it , and I don't know a lot about them. I do know its expensive as hell!! Bass Pro and Cabelas are getting lots of my dollars. Also , I noticed arrows have a lot in common with golf balls , they can hide from you very well, never to be found .