You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member rdnkgrl_robinhood's Avatar

Thumbs up How long had you been shooting before you got your first Robinhood? How many total?

I was just wondering how long you all had been shooting before you ever split your first arrow and got a robinhood. And since then, how many have you split since you started?

I started shooting the second week of July of this year by September I split my first arrow. Since then I have had six complete robinhoods and two others that blew the nocks off and ruined the arrows but didnt stick together.
    I had one at 50 yards, one at 40 yards, two at 30 yards, and the rest at 20 yards.
    I am guessing that this is more common than we tend to think, but none the less it is cool
    Any body else have pictures of their robinhoods? Show em' off here
    Last edited by rdnkgrl_robinhood; 06-29-2009 at 07:17 PM.

After a lengthy Archery layoff, I bought my new PSE Diablo in March.
    Got this in my first 15 shots after taking delivery tuned and set up by Old Town Archery, 7 rounds of 2 arrows @ 20 yards.

How long had you been shooting before you got your first Robinhood? How many total? - General Archery Forum

Now I generally don't want to spend the money so I shoot different dots.

How long had you been shooting before you got your first Robinhood? How many total? - General Archery Forum

Who says the Whisker Biscuit is not accurate...

2006 PSE Diablo - 26"/68# |VBG Triangle | WB DX QS | ST Magnums
    TR One Piece Quiver | Doinker 7" M-Rod | Vibracheck HD | Scott Wildcat
    Box Family Archery Site / Diablo Owners Club / Maine Hunter Support Group

never got one

Its been 4.5 years and haven't gotten one. When I first started shooting at single spots I ruined alot of nocks and put alot of creases in my arrows started getting expensive so I started shooting 5 spots. The arrows I shoot for indoor are pretty expensive now and this is the 3rd year with the same ones so I hope it doesnt happen again.
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

I have gotten two. But I wonder how many people have gotten them using the old glue on nocks instead of the unibushing style??? I ruined alot of glue on nocks and fletching but never got one until I switched. The shot has to be perfect to one with glue on nock. Just a thought here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RH2 3-26-06.JPG 
Views:	154 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	896 - t3h 3d shoots  
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BowhuntnHoosier; 12-27-2006 at 09:31 AM.

"HONDA"

I shot 2 robin hoods with my old Golden Eagle bow the first week I owned it. I have shot a few since then with newer bows, but arrows are too expensive I now shoot multiple spot target faces only.

20 years, I start shooting when I was 15 and left the sport for while. And last year I did my first RH. I had been nock bustin for a while, but never Hooded. My arrow sits on the rack about 5 feet from me. kinda cool I think. Costly but cool.
    05 SwitchBack
    Sureloc Supreme
    Bullseye APM 2X

"The LORDS will is my work"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    I have gotten two. But I wonder how many people have gotten them using the old glue on nocks instead of the unibushing style??? I ruined alot of glue on nocks and fletching but never got one until I switched. The shot has to be perfect to one with glue on nock. Just a thought here.
    My first robinhood was with 2213s XX75 glue on nocks. I still have those arrows

I've had robinhoods with the old Beman Hunters 55-70s also, the ones that split and splinter straight down the middle. I would guess around 12 or 15 in my lifetime total. Had 3 in one night robinhooded at an indoor 3D shoot.
    Needless to say, I dont like robinhoods much anymore

Yeah it does get expensive, but it is cool
    Well see yesterday I had decided to order some much nicer arrows and I was kinda sorta joking when I got to the range I told everybody I had about six arrows to blow up before I could order new ones. Well after about 15-20 shots I hit it dead on.
    After I get my new arrows I am sure I will be shooting at seperate spots, I would had to mess up the pretty arrows

rdnkgrl

Site Guru

sadly I can almost do it on demand at 20 yards... I think I have 3 or 4 from 20 yards and I think 2 from 30 yards.

Now I never shoot single spot targets... I have broken at least a dozen nocks, ruined countless veins and trashed loads of arrows... it just gets WAY to expensive and isn't worth it
    No I'm not dead

Can't even remember how many. I have been shooting for 22 years and the last ten seriously. Did 8 of them this year. Have several out to 50 yards. But most of them at 20 yards. But I switched to pin nocks this (2007) and it will be a little harder to do. Here is one of them from this year.

2012 Bow Tech Pro Staff
    Sword Pro Staff Vane Tech Pro Staff
    Gold Tip Factory Staff Coffey marketing
    A.S.A. IL. State Director

Opps here it is I forgot to resize it
    Attached Images Attached Images

2012 Bow Tech Pro Staff
    Sword Pro Staff Vane Tech Pro Staff
    Gold Tip Factory Staff Coffey marketing
    A.S.A. IL. State Director

It took me seven years to finally get my first robinhead. Broke a lot of nocks and messed up a lot of fletching but only have one robinhead. It was cool but i don't want to do it again.

Keep on shootin

last indoor season I shot a single spot as i had never shot indoor before and did not know what to expect...... well that was costly and especially w/line jammers.......oh and by the way the bulldog nock collars dont work well when you bow is perfectly tuned and your form is perfectly the same everytime.....it is just too expensive to do more than a few times......

one night I shot three in as many ends.....one end that night we had three guys shoot robinhoods......

oh and to answer the question of how long I had been shooting.....it was like 4 years......
    Last edited by BUNNYMAN; 12-27-2006 at 07:14 PM.
    I cut things up and split them down!

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Hey Grl, I got three way back in the mid 80's, we changed from a 1 spot to a 5 spot on the dot round and cut out the robin hoods.. I have been shootin tournaments since 84' and bowhunting since 73'. I just hope my joints hold out for another 25 years so I can go on to meet the Lord still shootin and preaching. HS

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    Hey Grl, I got three way back in the mid 80's, we changed from a 1 spot to a 5 spot on the dot round and cut out the robin hoods.. I have been shootin tournaments since 84' and bowhunting since 73'. I just hope my joints hold out for another 25 years so I can go on to meet the Lord still shootin and preaching. HS
    I hear ya there, I hope mine hold out too. I love this sport, and when I do finally kick the bucket they will likely have to bury me with this bow cuz even when I am dead and gone they won't be able to pry it out of my cold dead hands (did I tell ya that I love this new bow )

rdnkgrl

I tend not to aim at the same spot, unless I am shooting 40 yards or more. But I still manage to get one or two at 40 and 50 yards every summer. The coolest ones are when you are at a 3-d shoot and you robinhood someone elses arrow.
    Mathews!!
    vibracheck stabilizers
    carbon express
    steiner optics
    custom bow equipment

Well I went and bought some new arrows. I got some of the big fat eastons. I had them fletched in blue and yellow to match my new bow. They look awsome. I made it a point to only buy six arrows so now I am going to force myself to shoot a five spot so I dont robinhood anymore.
    I tell ya, I dont know why it is that I shoot a single so well and a five so bad. On a single I may average about 280 on a five I am about 260 (give or take a few)
    You guys have advice for a person moving to five spot from a single? I mean I really stink at fives. I guess I just feel as acurate, maybe if thats all I shoot I will get used to it.

rdnkgrl

I had a little trouble with 5spots when I started shooting them. I think it is a mental security blanket having the 3-2-1 rings on there too. Almost like you are more at ease. I don't know just my thoughts
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rdnkgrl_robinhood View Post
    Well I went and bought some new arrows. I got some of the big fat eastons. I had them fletched in blue and yellow to match my new bow. They look awsome. I made it a point to only buy six arrows so now I am going to force myself to shoot a five spot so I dont robinhood anymore.
    I tell ya, I dont know why it is that I shoot a single so well and a five so bad. On a single I may average about 280 on a five I am about 260 (give or take a few)
    You guys have advice for a person moving to five spot from a single? I mean I really stink at fives. I guess I just feel as acurate, maybe if thats all I shoot I will get used to it.

rdnkgrl
    it could be related to how you shift your point of aim... are you still drilling the X on the center target and noticing consistant "pattern drift" on the other 4 targets? I still o that a lot, I'll be low on the bottom targets, to the left on the right targets... its a PITA. Basically I'm not moving to address each new target correctly.
    No I'm not dead