You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    43

    Default Industry Standards?????

    www.meatvideo.com

    COULD BE DISTURBING FOR SOME. I just figured the religious thread stirred up some activity, this might also.

    I had never been around this industry, but personally prefer hunted meat and fished fish to this.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Don't get me wrong here, I am not asking for love donations.

    I was just curious as to see where the discussion went on thisforum. Currently having it on a sports forum I visit and wondering how it would compare to here.

  3. #3
    Guest Gator eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In the horn of Michigan
    Posts
    7,185

    Default

    I know a lot of dairy and beef farmers and have never seen these kind of conditions. Most are making a living off these animals and treat them well.

    I'm willing to bet they staged alot of the abuse of these animals and this isn't the norm in most places. I ve been to a couple of different slaughter houses and have never seen the condition shown in this video. I'll bet most of this video was shot in other countrys.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    43

    Default

    It is definitely a biased video. I just figured it would drum up a good debate.

    If anything, it just reinforces my view on buying local. I have lived in plenty of states for work, and I always try to buy local. I know it can be more expensive at times but I think it is important to support local farmers/businesses.

  5. #5
    Guest Gator eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In the horn of Michigan
    Posts
    7,185

    Default

    Buying locally is always better than buying from a big commercial chain.

    We all know that they use growth hormones and other chemicals to enhance growth and production, which has to find it's way into our food and that can't be good for us. Make you wonder about how safe some of the food we eat really is.

    Now that is a subject worth looking into, but just because you put up a video of some animals getting abused doesn't mean I gonna give up my meat and potatoes.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    doesn't mean I gonna give up my meat and potatoes.
    Nor am I

  7. #7
    Bisquit....... BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hoosierville
    Posts
    13,882

    Default

    As long as it ends up on my dinner plate. So be it.


    "HONDA"

  8. #8
    Senior Member Holy Smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free
    Posts
    6,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sean21toledo View Post
    www.meatvideo.com

    COULD BE DISTURBING FOR SOME. I just figured the religious thread stirred up some activity, this might also.

    I had never been around this industry, but personally prefer hunted meat and fished fish to this.
    what you never spine or liver short a deer and went in on it with a knife for the kill



    Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

  9. #9
    Guest Carpshooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    westcentral Iowa
    Posts
    13,901

    Talking A little known fact !

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    Buying locally is always better than buying from a big commercial chain.

    We all know that they use growth hormones and other chemicals to enhance growth and production, which has to find it's way into our food and that can't be good for us. Make you wonder about how safe some of the food we eat really is.

    Now that is a subject worth looking into, but just because you put up a video of some animals getting abused doesn't mean I gonna give up my meat and potatoes.
    This is why I always hunt deer in an organic forest , as you never know what those critters in a non- organic forest eat !

    Same goes for the times that I am hunting them underweater critters , it's got to be water that meets or exceeds those standards that assure that those fish are in a organic environment !

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    what you never spine or liver short a deer and went in on it with a knife for the kill
    Easy bud... not starting an argument. Only put it up for discussion purposes

Similar Threads

  1. Improving the Archery Industry - Announcing a Unique Bow Comparator
    By Bow_Explorer in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-31-2010, 12:43 AM
  2. What are your standards? First buck how big will it have to be.
    By Daniel Boone in forum Bowhunting forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-18-2009, 09:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •