You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Industry Standards?????

www.meatvideo.com

COULD BE DISTURBING FOR SOME. I just figured the religious thread stirred up some activity, this might also.

I had never been around this industry, but personally prefer hunted meat and fished fish to this.

Don't get me wrong here, I am not asking for love donations.

I was just curious as to see where the discussion went on thisforum. Currently having it on a sports forum I visit and wondering how it would compare to here.

I know a lot of dairy and beef farmers and have never seen these kind of conditions. Most are making a living off these animals and treat them well.

I'm willing to bet they staged alot of the abuse of these animals and this isn't the norm in most places. I ve been to a couple of different slaughter houses and have never seen the condition shown in this video. I'll bet most of this video was shot in other countrys.

It is definitely a biased video. I just figured it would drum up a good debate.

If anything, it just reinforces my view on buying local. I have lived in plenty of states for work, and I always try to buy local. I know it can be more expensive at times but I think it is important to support local farmers/businesses.

Buying locally is always better than buying from a big commercial chain.

We all know that they use growth hormones and other chemicals to enhance growth and production, which has to find it's way into our food and that can't be good for us. Make you wonder about how safe some of the food we eat really is.

Now that is a subject worth looking into, but just because you put up a video of some animals getting abused doesn't mean I gonna give up my meat and potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    doesn't mean I gonna give up my meat and potatoes.
    Nor am I

As long as it ends up on my dinner plate. So be it.

"HONDA"

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by sean21toledo View Post
    www.meatvideo.com

COULD BE DISTURBING FOR SOME. I just figured the religious thread stirred up some activity, this might also.

I had never been around this industry, but personally prefer hunted meat and fished fish to this.
    what you never spine or liver short a deer and went in on it with a knife for the kill

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Talking A little known fact !

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    Buying locally is always better than buying from a big commercial chain.

We all know that they use growth hormones and other chemicals to enhance growth and production, which has to find it's way into our food and that can't be good for us. Make you wonder about how safe some of the food we eat really is.

Now that is a subject worth looking into, but just because you put up a video of some animals getting abused doesn't mean I gonna give up my meat and potatoes.
    This is why I always hunt deer in an organic forest , as you never know what those critters in a non- organic forest eat !

Same goes for the times that I am hunting them underweater critters , it's got to be water that meets or exceeds those standards that assure that those fish are in a organic environment !

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    what you never spine or liver short a deer and went in on it with a knife for the kill
    Easy bud... not starting an argument. Only put it up for discussion purposes