You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Problems help

Default Problems help

Hey,I'm trying to help my buddy fix his 07' Bear Instinct.Its a single cam with split limbs that are set at 70#,draw length is 28".Not to long ago he started to get some serious string slap.He first thought it was something in he the way he held his bow,But when i shot it the same thing happened.We then to it to a local pro shop and told them to fix whatever it needed.We picked it up a week later and they said that a small screw was missing in the top in the bottom cam ( I'm not shore about that because we totally went over the whole thing,especially the cams ) they said that they also twisted the string a little,he said other than that it was in fine shooting condition.So we took it back to his house and set it back up shot it a couple times but something still wasn't right,some of our other buddies were also there and they shot it to and the same thing happens just not quite as hard,now were thinking that it might be a defective limb.He's going on a hunting trip this fall and he wanted it to work by at least july sometime.Somebody got any ideas???,PLEASE HELP!!!

Need more infor and pics....................has the draw length changed any? How about the site marks have they changed?

sorry i'm an idiot on downloading pics and i only have a video camera.draw length is now a little shy of 28" closer to 27.5".do you mean site marks as on the site,or where?

Usually string slap is caused by too long draw length. Sight marks are, the marks is on the cams as to where they line up in conjunction with timing. Most archers will put two lines on the cam on each side of the limb. This is to tell if the cam has moved and to help in lining up the cam again.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    NEED A STRING OR A SLING? PM OR EMAIL US @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    Check us out at bowstringdepot.com Now Open

my friend told me that the marks on the cams are right where they were when he marked them after he bought it.the draw length right now isn't to long because he can shoot his buddies bow ( same bow but at 60# ) and there both set at 28" draw length.