You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default bows for sell on site

Would you buy a bow from someone on this site , who has a very low post count ?

I seem to pass on them !

I have never bought a bow through the forums, though I have recieved a few freebies for my kids and to teach other kids.

I personally wouldn't buy from them. To risky unless you can find out who they are and if they have a good reputation on another forum or through someone who knows them who also has a good rep....

Being that i have a bow for sale on here, i would hope somebody wouldn't use my lack of posts as a reason not to consider buying from me. I work many hours and don't get on very much. I would buy something as long as pics look good and money order would have to be method of payment.

People have to start somewhere,as long as i had a valid address,phone#,then talked to the person before purchase what more can you do.
    2010 PSE AXE 7

Quote Originally Posted by OneMustFall View Post
    People have to start somewhere,as long as i had a valid address,phone#,then talked to the person before purchase what more can you do.
    i will 2nd this

Red. PSE Supra ME
    Black. PSE Supra ME

Quote Originally Posted by pajason View Post
    Being that i have a bow for sale on here, i would hope somebody wouldn't use my lack of posts as a reason not to consider buying from me. I work many hours and don't get on very much. I would buy something as long as pics look good and money order would have to be method of payment.
    Is money order better for the buyer or seller?

Really it is best for both. Makes for a very quick transaction. Plus it guarantees payment.

I know its not right but a low post count or no feedback makes me nervous. Especially with a high dollar purchase. If the person has a rep on another sight for being a good seller then I would over look it.

Just my .02
    That course was so easy I even missed a target !!

I would'nt risk a high dollar sale unless they've been around a while. As a buyer, I like US Postal money Orders. If there is an issue, I have the Feds in my corner. If I'm the seller, ditto.
    If your talking a low $ item, sure I'd take a chance on a newbie.
    FBSA Member

I'm new to this site and I understand the concerns of being taken. I thought I was on my purchase of a bow on here awhile ago, but all worked out. I have 100% feedback on ebay as a seller and buyer, but with ebays new fees and all its hard to get what you want out of your item, and that is why I switched to sites like this one to try and sell my items now. I still like to use paypal though, it just added peace of mind for me, and I can handle the 3% charge.
    Hoyt Maxxis 31,QAD HD ,G5 ME sight ,Vibracheck stabilizer
    Hoyt Maxxis 35, QAD HDX, Black Gold slider, B-Stinger
    Hoyt Maxxis 35, QAD HD ,B-stinger. Armortech sight

Talking Here's what I think !

I want to thank everyone for their posts , as we need to inform each other in this community of archers on issues we may have here !

I think the ones I am most leary about are the ones that have no profile info filled out....the more info the better and that includes pics and signatures....

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    Would you buy a bow from someone on this site , who has a very low post count ?

I seem to pass on them !
    only them send me tha bow and I send them tha $$

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Paypal is an Ebay creation. I no longer will use Ebay because of it. If I can't buy it or sell it with a Postal Money order, we can't do business. Paypal accounts have been hacked and depleted. You might get me for the amount of the money order, but no more than that.
    FBSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wheely View Post
    I think the ones I am most leary about are the ones that have no profile info filled out....the more info the better and that includes pics and signatures....
    If your still a mod then you need to tell them to fill that out before thet can sell anything here.
    2010 PSE AXE 7

Quote Originally Posted by OneMustFall View Post
    If your still a mod then you need to tell them to fill that out before thet can sell anything here.
    I do when I notice it, but I don't have time to go through every post and member

I ve baught and sold quit abit off the other site and soo far, knock on wood, I haven't had any problems. I would get a phone number and give them a call. Make sure you get all there info and get lots of picks to make sure you know what your getting.

Quote Originally Posted by red44 View Post
    Paypal is an Ebay creation. I no longer will use Ebay because of it. If I can't buy it or sell it with a Postal Money order, we can't do business. Paypal accounts have been hacked and depleted. You might get me for the amount of the money order, but no more than that.
    Most of the problem is people responding to spoofs and giving their own info out. I prefer paypal myself. I have sold several bows on forums and every time I did I got good comments from the customer. I am not out to make money when I sell I just want it gone.
    Athens Factory Staff Shooter
    Dead Center Archery Staff Shooter/Tru Ball staff shooter/Bohning Shooting Staff
    K&E Taxidermy
    http://www.freewebs.com/gerrystaxidermy/index.htm