You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Shot another field round today.

Well, today was the first "hunter" field round. Started off shakey. I shot a 17, 20 & 19 on the first 3 targets. Ended up with a 265 today, felt like I could of done better.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Well, today was the first "hunter" field round. Started off shakey. I shot a 17, 20 & 19 on the first 3 targets. Ended up with a 265 today, felt like I could of done better.
    Nice.. Been practicing... Can't wait to get out and get a scored round in... Can't really do that at kishwaukee...

I'm going to try and shoot a round tonight......between the wind and the rain it's almost been imposible to get a round in.

Thanks all, I just feel like I dropped some easy points. I'm getting an occasional left miss that I'm trying to track down what's causing it.

My summer goal is to hit 270 which I think is do-able.

I am thinking of trying a Field shoot, just for fun

Left miss.. Stiff flexed bow arm and counter acting the pressure of pulling through the shot with pressure on the bow arm pushes the bow left for right hand shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by wihoyt View Post
    Left miss.. Stiff flexed bow arm and counter acting the pressure of pulling through the shot with pressure on the bow arm pushes the bow left for right hand shooters.
    What is the fix...lengthen DL?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Thanks all, I just feel like I dropped some easy points. I'm getting an occasional left miss that I'm trying to track down what's causing it.

My summer goal is to hit 270 which I think is do-able.

I've been fighting a simular issue and I find if I don't set my shoulder down and low I have a habit of pushing the arrow to the side, it's something I never noticed shooting indoors but on the longer field shots it really shows up...........just something to look at

I started last week...it was a "oh dear my centerfire's off" type of round

Quote Originally Posted by alaz View Post
    What is the fix...lengthen DL?
    No the fix is to relax the arm at the elbow "not bend it" And not pull so hard to make the release fire. The shot should be activated by a very light feather pull. When you pull your ass off to make the shot fire you also compensate by pushing the bow arm forward. Its hardly possible to do it with equal pressures when pulling hard. Also when shooting a hard pulling shot you are more often pulling yourself off the X and fighting to put it back on it. I spend alot of time with Chris and know his style of shooting so I understand what is happening with him. Not the fix with everyone but the principles should apply to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by wihoyt View Post
    No the fix is to relax the arm at the elbow "not bend it" And not pull so hard to make the release fire. The shot should be activated by a very light feather pull. When you pull your ass off to make the shot fire you also compensate by pushing the bow arm forward. Its hardly possible to do it with equal pressures when pulling hard. Also when shooting a hard pulling shot you are more often pulling yourself off the X and fighting to put it back on it. I spend alot of time with Chris and know his style of shooting so I understand what is happening with him. Not the fix with everyone but the principles should apply to everyone.
    Yep, I think you are right on track here. Been working on the relaxation technique. It's tough to learn to relax but man when you do the sight picture is STEADY.

For those that are reading this thread when your bow arm is locked flexed and strait the only direction your arm and and bow can move during the shot is up, down, left and right. It cannot move strait toward the target where it belongs. Everyone needs to learn to relax and not be so agressive trying to pull their cables off in an attempt to make the shot fire

What kills me on this round is when you shoot a four at the 35 foot walk up and turn around and clean the 60 yard target. Shoot a 18 on the 20 yard then clean the 50.

I can't complain at my scores but I know I could do much better if I would quit missing those gimme targets.

One thing I really like is you can make a few dumb shots and still score well at the end of the day, unlike other games where one bad shot pretty much ruins the day.