You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default home made stabilizer

ok guys, i did something when i got board last night and it turned out pretty good. i made my own stabilizer. it started with a .5 lb. 6 inch stabilizer, added an 8 inch tube to the end of it filled with shot. turned out pretty good. post pictures later.
    Diamond Victory 29"/55#
    Gold Tip XT Hunters
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn
    Copper John Dead Nuts
    Muzzy MX4 100 gr.

People Eating Tasty Animals

Remember, a Diamond lasts forever!

how do you post pictures?
    Diamond Victory 29"/55#
    Gold Tip XT Hunters
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn
    Copper John Dead Nuts
    Muzzy MX4 100 gr.

Quote Originally Posted by diamond-vic. View Post
    how do you post pictures?
    Bowman acquired these skills earlier this year... he should be able to help you out.

Now where's Bowman when you need him????

When you post, click the paperclip in the toolbar or go down the page to the "manage attachment" button. Then you can browse your files for the pic and upload...you may have to resize if it tells you it's too big...

Senior Member rdnkgrl_robinhood's Avatar

Default I just made a stablizer last night too

I made a stablizer last night too I made mine out of three old arrows. I striped the fletches off of them and put inserts in both ends and used a couple couplings and some screws to hold it all together and I have to say it looks pretty cool. The really nice part is that you can cut to any length that need it. Since I target shoot I left this one a little longer. Not bad considering that these were arrows that would have been otherwise useless to me.

I am posting some pics so tell me what you think. It will look better after I paint it to match the bow.

rdnkgrl
    Last edited by rdnkgrl_robinhood; 06-29-2009 at 07:17 PM.

how much does that three arrow set-up weight and does it make a lot of noise

Quote Originally Posted by rdnkgrl_robinhood View Post
    I made a stablizer last night too I made mine out of three old arrows. I striped the fletches off of them and put inserts in both ends and used a couple couplings and some screws to hold it all together and I have to say it looks pretty cool. The really nice part is that you can cut to any length that need it. Since I target shoot I left this one a little longer. Not bad considering that these were arrows that would have been otherwise useless to me.

I am posting some pics so tell me what you think. It will look better after I paint it to match the bow.

rdnkgrl

hey rdnkgrl what bow is that in the pic????thats a pse but it aint a nova.....looks more like a mach 9.5 or something along those lines.....just wondering if you got a new bow for new years.....

oh wait is that what martin sent you as a replacement???????
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by hardknocks32 View Post
    Not sure exactly what it weighs but it is really quiet. I guess if you found that it weighed too much you could make the arrows shorter to reduce the weight, but if you didnt think it was heavy enough then you can add a screw on weight to the outer end of it. It really kinda cool I think.

rdnkgrl

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    hey rdnkgrl what bow is that in the pic????thats a pse but it aint a nova.....looks more like a mach 9.5 or something along those lines.....just wondering if you got a new bow for new years.....

oh wait is that what martin sent you as a replacement???????
    It's a PSE Sillouette, picked it on ebay for about $99 for Santa since he didnt really care for the Nova. Not bad considering it was a brand new bow that had never been shot. I think it was an 02 model or something. It's a mamoth at 41 inches ATA. But it only weighs about 3.7 lbs. Its a nice quiet, smooth shooting bow for what we paid. Once I get that stablizer painted it will look really awsome

rdnkgrl

i got board again tonight and made me one of those homemade arrow stabilizers. they are realy nice, balances out my diamond real nice. great idea!!
    Diamond Victory 29"/55#
    Gold Tip XT Hunters
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn
    Copper John Dead Nuts
    Muzzy MX4 100 gr.

Quote Originally Posted by diamond-vic. View Post
    i got board again tonight and made me one of those homemade arrow stabilizers. they are realy nice, balances out my diamond real nice. great idea!!
    Yip.. Didnt take a lot of effort, works really well, and what a way to resurect a few old arrows.

Are you going to paint yours or leave it what ever color your arrows are?

rdnkgrl

YOU! Get in my belly! two_shoes's Avatar

Thumbs up Wow!

rdnkgrl,

That looks awsome! What did you use for the end & butt caps?
    I love it!

Two_shoes
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Eph. 2:8-10

i dont know, i used some goldtip XT hunters and they have some pretty cool logo, plus my bow is camo, i think im just goin to leave em, mine is about 30 inches, uncut arrows, looks kinda weird but feels good!
    Diamond Victory 29"/55#
    Gold Tip XT Hunters
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn
    Copper John Dead Nuts
    Muzzy MX4 100 gr.

A couple of years ago I was making my own stabilizers. I used 3/8" Black Delron Plastic for the rods and turned up aluminum discs on the lathe at work. I reamed the holes in the aluminum so that they would be just tight enough not to move when shot but could be adjusted to move the weight where you needed it without using any set screws. everything on these are pressed together by the German Hammers( my arms) My buddy Cody was using one for a long time until he took it off and put his hunting stabilizer on for the season and lost the one that I made. This picture in on the bow that my wife shoots. I keep telling her that I have other ones she can use but she likes and wants to use the one that I made.
    I have made quite a bit of stuff for my bows I have made offset bars, Vbars, rest mounts all on manual machines so the boss would'nt complain.
    Last edited by Radar; 01-09-2010 at 10:20 AM.
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

Quote Originally Posted by two_shoes View Post
    rdnkgrl,

That looks awsome! What did you use for the end & butt caps?
    I love it!

Two_shoes
    I am not sure what they are really. Some sort of couplings came in a three pack at one of my local archery shops. I think I paid less than 20 for all the little pieces to hold it together. It works great. I think the one I made is close to about 26 inches it works great on the 41 inch PSE. If I make one for the new Hoyt I am sure I will have to make one thats a lot shorter.

rdnkgrl

Default Stabilizers

Hey folks. I'm new to this forum so bear with me. You are making stabilizers from carbon arrows. Great idea! You can also make grreat stabilizers from golf shafts. Probably wouldn't work for hunting but make very good tournament stabilizers.

Quote Originally Posted by Custers last Stand View Post
    Hey folks. I'm new to this forum so bear with me. You are making stabilizers from carbon arrows. Great idea! You can also make grreat stabilizers from golf shafts. Probably wouldn't work for hunting but make very good tournament stabilizers.
    First of all to 3DShoots

Yeah I saw one of those yesterday.. Very cool looking, but I have to wonder what they weigh..The golf shaft stablizer I think would work better with those bows that have a longer ATA say around the 38-40+ ATA I think it would just be too big for the smaller bows like mine. But they look really cool.
    Anybody have any pictures of one? or other homemade stablizers? I love to see the enginuity of the people on here really great stuff!!

rdnkgrl

Quote Originally Posted by hardknocks32 View Post
    you can buy the kit to make your own. www.jimposten.com
    just add some old carbon arrows..
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS