You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default shooting high no matter where pin is placed

Well, Im really liking my new PSE bow. I can see just how wrong my old Bear was for me. I had bought it years ago when I knew absolutly nothing about draw length, and being set up from the pro guy with new bow, I see how off it was. That being said, I have killed deer with it, and while not extremely accurate, have had a lot of fun with it target shooting.
    I took the old bow several weeks ago to another guy, not pro shop guy, and asked him to check the poundage, which he did, and he goes: something doesnt look right. Next thing, he starts turning screws, I dont know if he messed with the rest or what, but its been wrong since. Now, no matter where I set my 10 yard pin Im shooting high, even if I go back to 20 yards its still high.
    I would like to get it close, so maybe I can get a few bucks for it, I wouldnt want to stick someone with a bow they couldnt shoot. Can someone here tell me what in the world is up with this thing?
    Thanks.

You need to sight the thing back in. But if your selling it don't worry about. It's not like its gonna be sighted in for the new owner.

And you don't need a 10yd pin.

Default shooting high

Thats just it. There is something wrong, because I cant move the pin any more, and even at 20 yards it high

Take it in to where you bought your PSE and ask them to look at it. Or if you can post some picks of the areas this guy started turning screws at maybe somebody on here will be able to help.

Talking Here's what I think !

It may be one of alot of things , such as shooting form of the shooter !

Check to see if the peep site is at the right height. I know when my sons bow was shooting high, we found his peep site moved. Just a thought!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    NEED A STRING OR A SLING? PM OR EMAIL US @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    Check us out at bowstringdepot.com Now Open

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Check to see if the peep site is at the right height. I know when my sons bow was shooting high, we found his peep site moved. Just a thought!

Hutch
    It's probably that.

how old is the bear?
    FBSA Member

Default shooting high

Im trying to remember when I bought it, and really cant. Id say better then 10 years ago, though.

could be your arrow rest is a bit high.
    does the arrow go through the arrow rest hole?

Some older bows used a funky looking puck-like thing with slots in it to make DL adjustments in the cabling. Would have to be fairly old for that though. If it's newer it might have rotating DL modules, check that they are in the same holes on each end. Wouldn't hurt to make sure the limbs are equally tight (limb bolts).
    FBSA Member

no puck like thing, and the arrow goes through the rest, but that IS one of the things that was messed with.

Sounds like you need to go to your local friendly pro-shop and have them take a looksy.

I'm betting it doesn't take em long to find the problem.

I'm going to bet the draw length is too long (quite common) which necessitates having the peep too high so you can see through it. This can run you out of adjustment in a hurry.

In any case, if you are getting rid of the bow the person buying it will most likely be setting it up for himself so he'll be adjusting the peep and everything else for his own shooting. It's not something I'd get too concerned about.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Star Shooter
    UBP Life Member
    PSAA Life Member
    Worldwide Scuba Diver

I know, guess I wont worry about it, doubt it will even sell though, not like todays bows, but would be a good starter bow for someone. Im asking $100.00 for it, the sight, and whisker rest are almost worth that.
    The thing is, if I would of just let well enough alone, I could still shoot it, now its out of whack and p---ing me off. But I do like the new bow, so, oh well. Thanks again for the ideas people.