You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: squaring device

Default squaring device

Hey all,
    Hope everyone is doing well.
    Time to start thinking archery season again. Starts really early in South Florida.
    I want to get an ASD. (Arrow squaring device).
    Could a few of you share the pro's and cons of both the G5 A.S.D. and the Lumenok Fletched Arrow Squaring Tool. Both seem reasonably priced. One does both aluminum and carbon. The other just carbon.
    I use carbon but think that checking inserts can't be a bad thing. Hence the one that does Aluminum.
    Thanks in advance.
    Bob
    Mathews Drenalin 65lbs, Muzzys, Vortex Binos, ,Bushnell Bow Hunter, Equalizer tree stand
    The only stupid question is the one you never asked !!.

Nothing against either one, but I use my table saw fence and crosscut guide. If you can make a t-square you can make your own squaring devise.
    My hunting bud loves his G5.
    FBSA Member

We square every shaft we cut with the ASD. This is just an added thing we do for our customers. And yes, I have a very expensive saw that cuts them very straight.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

This may sound real stupid to lots of you but why go to all that trouble with another tool.

After cutting I just put a pieve of fine sand paper of a work table and the run the arrow shaft face down on the sand paper to make sure the edge of the cut is all the same ....

Thanks for the replies all.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet old bill View Post
    This may sound real stupid to lots of you but why go to all that trouble with another tool.

After cutting I just put a pieve of fine sand paper of a work table and the run the arrow shaft face down on the sand paper to make sure the edge of the cut is all the same ....
    I suppose that would work if you were sure your holding that arrow at 90 degrees.
    Mathews Drenalin 65lbs, Muzzys, Vortex Binos, ,Bushnell Bow Hunter, Equalizer tree stand

I use the G5 and like it. For $8-$12 an arrow I hate to fling one off some where because I didn't check every possible thing. It is only a one time investment anyway.
    Z7 Extreme, Ripcord, TR Alfa V5, Smooth Stability and G5 Montecs

Quote Originally Posted by Major257 View Post
    I hate to fling one off some where because I didn't check every possible thing. It is only a one time investment anyway.
    I like that thought. Last yr I had a less than stellar shot on a doe. I now want to check everything also.