You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: arrow help

Default arrow help

i have been shooting archery equipment for a while but recently bought a new bow and am a little perplexed about best arrows to shoot from it. i am shooting a parker trailblazer set at 70# with a 30 inch draw. i have been using the easton axis nanotubes but am not real happy with the amount of drop they have. they shoot flat with field tips but the minute you add a broadhead they drop and i have to adjust my shooting and loose a bout 10 yards off my sites. i am a believer that field tips and broadheads should hit if not the same hole ought to be very close. can anyone help me in a good direction as far as type/ make of arrow and size please

GT 7595's fly great. Are you shooting fixed or mechanical braodheads. I used the Tru-Fire switchblades last year and they fly just as straight as my field point. I've heard Swacker fly really good too and am thinking about trying them this year.
    Something else that needs to be asked are your braosheads and field points the same weight? Are they tuned to your fletchings? With fixed it seems to really matter(found out the hard way just how much it matters)

Ditto, no reason they should not hit the same if your fine tuned, unless spine is way out of whack. Should be a simple adjustment of the rest (up) or nocking point (down) on the string.
    FBSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by red44 View Post
    Ditto, no reason they should not hit the same if your fine tuned, unless spine is way out of whack. Should be a simple adjustment of the rest (up) or nocking point (down) on the string.
    I tend to agree, but I bet once you add a broadhead you may have weakened the arrows spine.

Man, you gotta have some Guns on you to shoot a #70 pound bow all day~!