You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Question about Hoyt Bows

I have been away from Archery for over ten years. My Daughter has expressed an interest in archery and I'm looking for a bow for her. On Ebay I see lots of 4 to 10 year old Hoyt Bows. They all seem to list a wide range of draw weights and lengths. Like 30lbs to 80lbs and 22" to 30". But, in another part of the listing they show a much narrower range. Like 60lbs to 80lbs and 27" to 30". What gives? Which one is true? ::

Most bows out there have a 10 pound range. what you are seeing in the 30 to 80 are what ranges you can get, but they are sold like 30 to 40lbs, 40 to 50lbs and so on. As far as the draw lengths they are also showing the entire range, but on most bows there is only like 3 inch range for that cam, example being on the Hoyt maxxis 31 with a number 3 cam you can change out the mods on the cam and you can go from 28 inches to 30 inches, but if you were to get the maxxis 31 with the number 2 cams you have a range of 26 to 27 1/2 inches and if you get the z3 cam on the maxxis 31 you can go from 23 1/2 to 25 1/2 inches. I know that Hoyt makes a few youth bows that have ranges of 18 to 28 inches on them and there are no mods to change, there are just different settings on the cams, and on those bows there is usually a 20 pound range, so it would be like a 30 to 50 lb bow. I hope this helps.
    Hoyt Maxxis 31,QAD HD ,G5 ME sight ,Vibracheck stabilizer
    Hoyt Maxxis 35, QAD HDX, Black Gold slider, B-Stinger
    Hoyt Maxxis 35, QAD HD ,B-stinger. Armortech sight

THANK YOU TUCKERMAN9! You saved me from making a big mistake. I was waiting for an answer before placing a bid on a listing that was about to end, Whew!

Quote Originally Posted by Frito-Bandito View Post
    THANK YOU TUCKERMAN9! You saved me from making a big mistake. I was waiting for an answer before placing a bid on a listing that was about to end, Whew!
    No problem. Glad I could help
    Hoyt Maxxis 31,QAD HD ,G5 ME sight ,Vibracheck stabilizer
    Hoyt Maxxis 35, QAD HDX, Black Gold slider, B-Stinger
    Hoyt Maxxis 35, QAD HD ,B-stinger. Armortech sight

Quote Originally Posted by Frito-Bandito View Post
    I have been away from Archery for over ten years. My Daughter has expressed an interest in archery and I'm looking for a bow for her. On Ebay I see lots of 4 to 10 year old Hoyt Bows. They all seem to list a wide range of draw weights and lengths. Like 30lbs to 80lbs and 22" to 30". But, in another part of the listing they show a much narrower range. Like 60lbs to 80lbs and 27" to 30". What gives? Which one is true? ::
    you can gather a ton of info on this forum, but i would still suggest take her to a pro shop with a good reputation in your area and let her try some out. proper fit is very important, but some bows may have too aggressive of a draw cycle for her to be able to shoot comfortably. so get her measured up properly and get her a good fitting bow that she can handle. and have lots of fun.