You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: 3D Range in Va

Default 3D Range in Va

I would like to make this post to see if people think there would be much intrest in a nice 3D range in the Fredericksburg area of Va. I have 100 ac farm that i no longer farm that i was thinking of seting up a range on. I am not a bow hunter but do coon and squirrel hunt with dogs.

Thanks Curtis

Theres an old saying I believe goes like this, "Build it and they will come."
    This just came to mind. I have no idea about the area your in. Check around and see how close the nearest regular 3d tounaments in your area are.
    Good luck hope its a success if you decide to set it up.

As a past member of the VBA when I lived in Manassas, VA, the state has more archery clubs than most other states. PLus you can shoot outside all year long. So that is a + for you. I would go and do a goggle on the VBA and see the liksting of clubs in your area and then contact then directly. Most have there own 3D ranges for club shoots so the question is they may have just about all the archers already going to there clubs for shooting of 3D. The other is were owners have made a good business out of 3D they also had 3D inside range and a full service bow shop.

Bill

Bill i was going to offer it more to the person that would just like to have a place to shoot and mix in the 3d shoots. All so with the heavy sale and use of cross bows set up a range just for them to shoot. Would like to set up some 12 to 15 foot decks to shoot from with maybe 4 to 6 targets at diferent yards to shoot at. Just some of my thoughts. I know of not one that could offer what i could.most are what you said all run buy a archery clubs.
    Could even work with the VDGIF to set up some type of things.

Just dont know if i could make any money at it i am looking at some ways to help my farm out and offer something to the hunting community. It would be run in a top notch form, Most that know me know i go all out on things.

Curtis

would open it up all weekends and maybe from noon to 6 on week days.
    What is some of of other peoples thoughts good or bad.