You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Morgan County, Decatur, Alabama "String Shoot" - Aug. 13,14 2011

Morgan County will host a "String Shoot" on Aug. 13-14 to help raise funds for the Morgan County Schools NASP program. For those who haven't shot a string shoot, a string is run through the course of which you will follow. The number of targets is unknown (may be 20, 23, 30 etc.) and the stations aren't marked. You follow the string and "hunt" for the targets and find your best place to stand for the shot. The catch, you can go forward along the string, but you can't go back. Once the one in rotation stops and shoots, that's where the whole group shoots from. Women & youth will be able to cross the string and move forward in order that they still are able to shoot from their comfort zone.

It's primarily a bowhunter challenge, but you're not required to use bowhunter setup. There will be awards in different classes (since I already had the trophies printed back in May), but this is mainly a shoot for fun as well as trying something different. A group of us went to one up in Tennessee a couple years ago and had a blast. The targets will not be stretched out (max. distance will most likely be below 35 yards). This is a shoot that the entire family will enjoy. Grab your buddies who never go shoot 3D courses and bring them out, I promise, they will have a great time, plus it's a good warmup session for hunting season.

If you have any questions, please feel free to shoot me an email (bclete@charter.net) and I will be happy to address your issues. You can also visit our website (www.morgancountyarchery.com) for directions and maps or go to:

1380 Thompson Road NE, Decatur, AL 35603

Sincerely,

Clete Blankenship - MCAA President

Everything is set and read. May want to consider wearing pants/jeans since the undergrowth is still in place. Weather is finally starting to cool off. Starts at 7:30 and last card out at 3:30. $10.00 entry fee.
    Last edited by slamnationalley; 08-10-2011 at 11:47 AM. Reason: spell