You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Videoing hunts

Hybrid View

Default Videoing hunts

Does anyone on here video their hunts ? If so any tips or pointers or reccomedations on equipment ?

Scent free & sittin High vortec 1's Avatar

Last year I tried the Moultrie Game Spy ReAction Cam and during the day it worked great but the last half hour of day light (Prime time)and it was still day light it was way to dark when you replayed it.There is a screen on the top of it which if you turn it on in the living room and it's low light it makes you look like a light house. Also it's a little heavy on the bill of your hat.I have'nt been busted in years and I got busted the last half hour by a doe and it went back to the store the next day.I figured I would wait ti'll they get better.
    HIGH COUNTRY SPEED PRO X10 "SPEED KILLS",HHA site,Carbon force Mayhem/Easton Fat Boy Arrows,Alpine quiver,TM hunter and Swhacker Broadheads.

Tried it last year with my Mom and Dads old VHS cam corder. Even made a third arm mount but its hard trying to get the deer in the picture or even to aim the camera in the direction you think you'll be making your shot at and get your bow ready at the same time. Hang a second stand and have a friend handle the camera. Thats been my experiance.

Sponge 4 bowhunting info Where's Bruce?'s Avatar
    South OC, People's Republik of Mexifornistan

Default Ha!

I have no skills. Tried videoing w/ a Stealth Cam on my cap but apparently when I draw I turn my head slightly to the right and ended up recorded bushes and sounds...no hunt. There's a learning curve. sigh

I've gotten some really great recordings with the cam on my cap but it doesn't always work too well..I also need to figure out the best way to record my hunts

http://www.campbellcameras.com/shopp...AILREFURB.aspx < heres the package i was thinking about buying i've been on a few other websites lookin at info and reviews and i feel like this will be perfect for me until i get more experienced with it