You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: need advice

Default need advice

I am fairly new to this forum and have just sold my old bow and am looking to upgrade. I'm looking to spend about 7 to 800$ max for a bow. I have been to some local bow shops and have narrowed my search down to a few choices based on price and performace. I like the speed of the bowtech bows(assasin, destroyer) but with the binary cams the draw isn't as smooth as I would prefer but I do love the speed with them. I also like the hoyt crx 32. Although it doesn't seem to be as fast as the bowtechs I like the smooth draw and the price. I have also shot the new z7 a few times and I also like it although it is a bit more pricey than the others. I just want some experienced advice on which would be the best overall total package for speed, quietness, least amount of hand shock, total bow weight and smoothness of drawing for the price range I am looking in. Also what experiences does anyone have buying bows on ebay?

Thanks

All your gonna get is opinion, I would chose a CRX 35.
    Archerytalk, Helping Sponsors fleece novice Archers since 2001.

opinions are ok. It seems like they are all close to the same

i have a CRX 35 for sale ifd your interested
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hoyt Maxxis 31,QAD HD ,G5 ME sight ,Vibracheck stabilizer
    Hoyt Maxxis 35, QAD HDX, Black Gold slider, B-Stinger
    Hoyt Maxxis 35, QAD HD ,B-stinger. Armortech sight

How much? What is the difference between the 35 and 32. ATA length?

yes it is. same cams, same riser, and same limbs. It comes with a ripcord code red rest, G5 ME 4 pin sight, vibracheck stabilizer, wrist sling, and peep. with your choice of the rubber 180 grip or a wood grip. It has the number 3 cams on it which means that it can go from 29 inch draw to 31 inch draw, with mod changes. I only have the mods that are on the bow and they are for a 29" draw. You can get the mods at a Hoyt dealer for around 20 dollars. I'm asking 725 to your door.
    Hoyt Maxxis 31,QAD HD ,G5 ME sight ,Vibracheck stabilizer
    Hoyt Maxxis 35, QAD HDX, Black Gold slider, B-Stinger
    Hoyt Maxxis 35, QAD HD ,B-stinger. Armortech sight

It's hard to beat Mathews and Hoyt for rock solid dependability, especially if your looking at used.

Jump over to AT and look in the classifieds, you can find any kind of bow made and it's a buyers market over there right now.

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

what i would do is go and shoot as many different brands and let the bow pick you. in other words shoot what feels the best for youre shooting style
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wilkersonhunter View Post
    what i would do is go and shoot as many different brands and let the bow pick you. in other words shoot what feels the best for youre shooting style
    Yes indeed; don't get caught up in all the speed games. Hitting with a bow you are comfortable with is far more important than the fps rating.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

yeah, FPS claims by 9 out of 10 bow companies are . They shoot shafts with no fletching, nothing on the string. Most bows will bottom out on theyre limbs 2-4 lbs more then 70lbs , they bottom out the limbs. Some 30" draws are delibertly 30.5-30.75", anything they can do to try and manipulate the rating higher.
    Then you take the bow brand with the most conservative ratings who are pushing quality over
    When speed is all you got, ya got to go with that in the fiercly competitive Compound bow sales wars
    Archerytalk, Helping Sponsors fleece novice Archers since 2001.

Default try pse

i shoot pse bows and have been very happy. maybe you should try their bow before you decide. i shoot a new evo and omen, but the bow madness have speed, easy shooting, accurate and a good price.
    whatever you choose,hope you enjoy.

Just got my grubby little hands on a Mathews Ez7 one sweet mother,Might be a little more than you want to spend but you said you did like the Z7,Anything with Mathews or Hoyt on it is going to be a sweet ride,and for around a grand there's plenty to chose from!!!! As Mike 1224 says just go out there and enjoy!!!!
    Last edited by Westy; 08-06-2011 at 07:47 AM.

Sponge 4 bowhunting info Where's Bruce?'s Avatar
    South OC, People's Republik of Mexifornistan

Default Hoyt

Here's the Hoyt Carbon Element w/ Carbon Vapor quiver, QAD HDX rest, Spot Hog Hunter sight and Axion Hunter Series (w/ dampeners) Stabilizer. Damn it shoots sweet and at the range every other bow was easily twice as loud or louder than mine. The Matthews guys were stunned by the difference. I shot like crap before adding the longer stabilizer, then all the arrows began touching. Can't argue with success.

need advice - General Archery Forum

I have a Carbon Matrix for sale on this site.

Honestly you are asking for two things that dont go together. Smoothness and speed. It takes a more ubrupt draw cycle to produce speed. As much as I love hoyts and bowtechs I have to say the PSE have them both beat as fast as a smooth and speed together are concerned. Its all a matter of what you like and everyone says that speed doesnt matter but it does. If your able to shoot a heavier arrow at the same speed and less poundage then in most cases your further ahead unless your giving up brace height and forgivness. A smooth slow bow doesnt mean its forgiving. I myself would rather hit them hard and fast then slow and low.

Talking Here's what I think !

Quote Originally Posted by dbdcougar View Post
    Yes indeed; don't get caught up in all the speed games. Hitting with a bow you are comfortable with is far more important than the fps rating.
    This guy has wrote it right , just remember that you should shoot alot of bows first if you can or just do the right thing and buy a Hoyt to advoid any mistakes !

I shoot bows that I've had so long that I've named them , AS ALL GOOD HOYTS NEED TO BE RECONIZED !

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    This guy has wrote it right , just remember that you should shoot alot of bows first if you can or just do the right thing and buy a Hoyt to advoid any mistakes !

I shoot bows that I've had so long that I've named them , AS ALL GOOD HOYTS NEED TO BE RECONIZED !
    The fridge seems to be getting a workout today??????????
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post

HOYT they still make bows

Red. PSE Supra ME
    Black. PSE Supra ME