You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Muddy Climbing Sticks

Soooo...I already had LW sticks and while these have their place, I was looking to buy another set of fast sticks that allowed for better footing. I was torn between the Muddy's and the Summit Bucksteps. I decided to order the Muddys first and give em a run before also buying the summits.

Well this afternoon the Muddys showed up and I quickly and furiously ripped open the box and headed for my tree pole behind my shop!

I must say these things are pure awesome! I cannot believe how fast these things go up! The rope and cam system which I was highly skeptical of when these boys were first introduced is unreal! Head over heels faster and easier than the LW versa button and strap. No more need to adjust and re-adjust the straps to the right fit of the tree, just grab the rope and pull it thru the cam.

I highly recommend these to anyone looking for a moveable set w/ even footing.
    Be good or be good at it.

Sponge 4 bowhunting info Where's Bruce?'s Avatar
    South OC, People's Republik of Mexifornistan

Default Video review

Those look like an accident waiting to happen. They look like they unhook from the tree way to easy. I can just see somebody getting theit foot hung up in that rope and knocking it right off the tree while there trying to climb up. I think if I ever buy a hang on stand the only steps I'll be using are the ones with the turnbukle style straps. They might be harder to put up but definatly safer than those things.

Quote Originally Posted by srj26 View Post
    Those look like an accident waiting to happen. They look like they unhook from the tree way to easy. I can just see somebody getting theit foot hung up in that rope and knocking it right off the tree while there trying to climb up. I think if I ever buy a hang on stand the only steps I'll be using are the ones with the turnbukle style straps. They might be harder to put up but definatly safer than those things.
    To be fair to muddy, drave is pretty vague on the proper way to secure the rope to the cam system. You MUST run the rope under and over twice to create a complete secure hold.

The rope is not your typical rope either, It's 3000# + climbing rope. If you've never used a heavy climbing rope, it has the feel of 14ga wire. After you've made your ties, you run the rope behind and down thu the base and thats where it stays. Nothing like the tangle factor of a bow rope.

As far as accidents, sure. If a user is uneducated on how to use anything properly, accidents can and will happen.
    Be good or be good at it.

I have used climbing rope before. Used to do alot of rappeling in my twenties. Theres alot of elastic in those ropes. Think I'll still trust a nylon strap that has less give to it than a rope.