You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Bohning Killer 4" Vanes Review

Bohning Killer 4" Vanes Review

By Barry O'Regan- Bohning Pro Field Staff

I have conducted a test of Bohning’s 4 inch Killer Vanes.

As hunting season is fast approaching, Broadhead tuning has never been more critical for the Bowhunter. Bohning Archery's Killer 4 inch Vanes will get your Broadhead equipped arrows to hit their mark.

The weather conditions to say the least were less than ideal, a mild easterly wind, cloud and some drizzle and mud!

The Setup

To ensure straightness and durability I purchased 6 broad heads, 6 field points, and 3 Easton Aluminum 2314 arrows and 3 X-Weave 200 arrows.

I then cut the arrows down to ensure they would all weigh the same, approx 300 grains. All six broad heads weighed in at 125 grains each, all field points weighed in at 100 grains each.

I fletched the Bohning Killer 4 inch vanes using the Bohning Complete Tower Jig putting a 2 degree twist on the Bohning Killer Vanes on three aluminum shafts (Easton 2314s) and three Carbon X-weaves 200s.

I then placed silver duct wrap on the carbon arrows so readers would be able to differentiate between the black X-Weave carbon arrow groups and the black Easton aluminum groups.

Both Bohning Killer Vane aluminum and carbon arrows came in at approx: 400 grains with 100 grain field points.

Both Killer Vane equipped aluminum and carbon arrows came in at 425 grains with 125 grain.

I will be shooting both sets of arrows (Generic Broadhead Tipped and Field Point Tipped) at 40 yards.

I also decided to shoot Bohning Blazer vanes on my Hot Pink Victory 400 arrows which also came in at 400 grains with 100 grain field points. I wanted to see how my Bohning Blazer equipped Victory arrows would stack up in grouping and accuracy against the Bohning Killer Vane arrows.

For my test I used a typical compound hunting bow, my 2008 Hoyt ProElite Compound Bow measure out at 29 inch draw length with a 58 # draw weight.
    Last edited by Barry O'Regan; 09-05-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Default The Results

Below are the results shooting the Bohning 4" Killer Vanes with Broadheads and Field Points. You will agree the grouping with Broadheads and Field points show uncanny accuracy at 40 yards.