You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default another insert!!

ok i lost 2 more inserts 2day, whats the best glue for inserts? all opinions wanted, thanx guys
    Diamond Victory 29"/55#
    Gold Tip XT Hunters
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn
    Copper John Dead Nuts
    Muzzy MX4 100 gr.

People Eating Tasty Animals

Remember, a Diamond lasts forever!

Wink super glue

I use super glue on my inserts,but if your a stickler on perfection and you want your glue evenly spead then use a slow drying glue.i have never lost an insert with super glue (the real name brand stuff,not the knock of crap!)goat tuff is good but very exspensive !!! clean inside your arrows with rubbing alchol and your insert before glueing. good luck

AAE Epoxy $6.99

AAE Epoxy is a two-part epoxy for gluing nock and point inserts into aluminum and carbon shafts. the ssyringe is designed to dispense equal amounts of resin and hardener to maximize strength.
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MoBowman View Post
    AAE Epoxy $6.99

AAE Epoxy is a two-part epoxy for gluing nock and point inserts into aluminum and carbon shafts. the ssyringe is designed to dispense equal amounts of resin and hardener to maximize strength.
    I've had horrible luck with AAE and Gold Tip arrows. I've lost every insert that I used AAE on. I use Goat Tuff and haven't lost a single one yet.
    No I'm not dead

I ma not sure the brand name of the glue i use but i build alot of arrows for people and have never hada insert pop out. it is a yellow bar looks like clear yellow soap. i take a lighter or butane torch heat up the insert roll the insert on the glue bar and insert into arrow. drys in seconds almost too fast i f you do not insert it fast enough it will dry in about 5 seconds. will try to find name of it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by midevilarcher5575 View Post
    I use super glue on my inserts,but if your a stickler on perfection and you want your glue evenly spead then use a slow drying glue.i have never lost an insert with super glue (the real name brand stuff,not the knock of crap!)goat tuff is good but very exspensive !!! clean inside your arrows with rubbing alchol and your insert before glueing. good luck
    I promise if you use this technique you will loose every insert.....never use rubbing alchohol....it has oils in it....use a 91% alcohol, you will have much better results.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    I've had horrible luck with AAE and Gold Tip arrows. I've lost every insert that I used AAE on. I use Goat Tuff and haven't lost a single one yet.

I've used it on my XT's for sometime now. I do swab down the inside of the shaft with "Sunnyside" Lacquer Thinner before I apply the epoxy, and don't run into a problem, even shooting into forzen targets.
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MoBowman View Post
    I've used it on my XT's for sometime now. I do swab down the inside of the shaft with "Sunnyside" Lacquer Thinner before I apply the epoxy, and don't run into a problem, even shooting into forzen targets.
    could be the rubbing alcohol i use... since the package TELLS you to use it. ehh well I have no issues with Goat Tuff and I've thrown out the AAE stuff I had
    No I'm not dead

thanks guys, now im going to just replace all the inserts to make sure they are all exactly the same, i cant get them out though, any suggestions? would it be ok to use a flame or some heat source on the field tip to heat up the glue inside?
    Diamond Victory 29"/55#
    Gold Tip XT Hunters
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn
    Copper John Dead Nuts
    Muzzy MX4 100 gr.

People Eating Tasty Animals

Remember, a Diamond lasts forever!

Quote Originally Posted by diamond-vic. View Post
    thanks guys, now im going to just replace all the inserts to make sure they are all exactly the same, i cant get them out though, any suggestions? would it be ok to use a flame or some heat source on the field tip to heat up the glue inside?
    shoot them at the target few more times.....

just kidding, you can try a little and I mean a very little heat.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Site Guru

best method I've found is take the knock off, and insert a drill bit (no drill attached to it) that is a little smaller diamater then the shaft then swing the arrow downwards so the bit hits the insert hard enough to knock it out

(I am NOT responsible for injuries or damage caused by flying inserts)
    No I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    I promise if you use this technique you will loose every insert.....never use rubbing alchohol....it has oils in it....use a 91% alcohol, you will have much better results.....
    I have used rubbing alchol on every arrow i every built(and thats alot!!)and neeeevvvvveeeerrrrrrrr had any prob with it.what counts is make sure the inside of your arrow is cleaned before you glue.that glue that you melt is called Ferr-L-Tite,it is a hot melt cement. it has a tough elastic water proof bond. its for wood or aluminum only do not use on carbon, it might melt or weakin the weaves on the inside of your carbon arrow.you can get it from bohning archery.try power bond from bohning archery it works on all shafts and dry's slow.it works wonders for carbon arrows.ill stick to my super glue.