You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Competitions

Default Competitions

Hello All,

I am new to archery and would like to ask one, perhaps pretentious question. I am 33 years old and would like to know if I am to “old” to think about professional competitions? I know that this depends on many factors (training, talent, psychic, etc.), but generally is age an issue?

Thank you for your help…

Regards,

Milos

Your age is no problem. I'm forty and I have been practicing for the last 2 yrs, going to as many 3d shoots as possible and next yr, I'm throughing my hat in the ring.
    Hoyt Maxxis 31,QAD HD ,G5 ME sight ,Vibracheck stabilizer
    Hoyt Maxxis 35, QAD HDX, Black Gold slider, B-Stinger
    Hoyt Maxxis 35, QAD HD ,B-stinger. Armortech sight

Im 34 and I compete as a Proffessional. I just won the ASA Classic World Championship. So I hope u arent to OLD.

Quote Originally Posted by jame View Post
    Im 34 and I compete as a Proffessional. I just won the ASA Classic World Championship. So I hope u arent to OLD.
    Congratulations for wining the ASA Classic World Championship! That must have felt great. How long did you train to get to that level? I know that you are 34 but when did you start training?

BTW: Roger Willet, Jr., who is the best archer in the world today in FITA Competition, is 52 (I read this on another forum) but he probably started training when he was 15 or something like that...

Anyway, I will just try to have as much fun as possible and I will also try to get my kids to join me...
    Last edited by Kid Moe; 09-07-2011 at 04:03 AM. Reason: More information!

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Moe View Post
    Congratulations for wining the ASA Classic World Championship! That must have felt great. How long did you train to get to that level? I know that you are 34 but when did you start training?

BTW: Roger Willet, Jr., who is the best archer in the world today in FITA Competition, is 52 (I read this on another forum) but he probably started training when he was 15 or something like that...

Anyway, I will just try to have as much fun as possible and I will also try to get my kids to join me...
    Thanks.

I have shot competitively off and on since 99. I quit in feb of 04 and started back late april of 08. You just have to dedicate your time. Be willing to do what you have to do to reach the goals you have. If you are then it will all come together.
    Good luck,
    jame

I shot back in 2007 and won one Trophy. Of which Iam very proud of because the course was very hard. I shoot a Traditional Class bow (Recurve), and the distance some of these targets were was sometimes very difficult to just hit let alone get a really good score. I was the only Traditional Class finisher. Everyone else quit!