You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Fibers

Default Fibers

Whitch fibers colers are the best for hunting or 3-d shooting.I have tried green an red they seem to faid out. Or dose it make a difference in the manufacture.
    Russ.

I'm guessing your talking about fiber optics on a sight??

My favorite is green, it shows up easy without starbursting on a bright day.
    Red is a close second, but it'll do a little starbursting in the sun.
    Yellow isn't bad but for me it disapppears first at dusk.
    Forget blue it dissarrears in the sun

I use green for 20, red for 30, back to green for 40, red for 50, and green for 60.(just for Barry)

Those are the two that show up best for me. You'll just have to try and few and see what works best for you.

There really is no "Best" color. Everyone sees different colors...most guys are actually color blind to some degree. I am one of the few that isn't thankfully though. The colors that are the brightest are green and blaze orange (a color that a lot of companies don't offer). Yellow is usually next with red on the far end of the list....although it is brighter then blue.

Not all fibers are created equal though....I have been shooting nothing but fibers from Brightfiber for the past 6 years or so and I tend to have to use smaller lengths at times because they can be brighter then I want or need at times.

If your green is fading out....you need to switch to a better quality fiber.

Same. brightfiber.
    Green is best for me. Red is the worst. That's with only natural light outside. I'm primarily a hunter, so my pins are all green.
    FBSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
    There really is no "Best" color. Everyone sees different colors...most guys are actually color blind to some degree. I am one of the few that isn't thankfully though. The colors that are the brightest are green and blaze orange (a color that a lot of companies don't offer). Yellow is usually next with red on the far end of the list....although it is brighter then blue.

Not all fibers are created equal though....I have been shooting nothing but fibers from Brightfiber for the past 6 years or so and I tend to have to use smaller lengths at times because they can be brighter then I want or need at times.

If your green is fading out....you need to switch to a better quality fiber.

Yep...in the eyes of the beholder.

My eyes prefer green.

Red and yellow are my enemies. Was one of my primary reason for switching to a single up pin sight for hunting.

Green is the brightest particularly in diminishing light.
    Archerytalk, Helping Sponsors fleece novice Archers since 2001.

Got to go Green.

Default Fibers

Thank's for all your help. Russ.