You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default Human Scent Eliminator??

Been trying some new things and was wondering if any hunters use a human scent eliminator?? If so, does it actually work?

never tried that brand but its a heck of a price compared to the 14.95 I just paid at Wal-Mart for some Dead Down Wind(w/ 3 refills just add water)

Ive had good luck with scent killer or scent away both seem to work good.But ive never tried what your talking about.
    2010 PSE AXE 7

With in reason........the one thing sent spray is real good at is the way they part you from your money......unless you quit breathing while your on the stand your putting out scent.

If your up wind of a deer and the wind current is blowing down......there going to smell you no matter how much you spend. If they didn't smell you, you got lucky and are sitting in a up current.

Keep your clothes clean with a non sented soap and try to keep away from any oil or gas product and hunt the wind. If you want a good cover sent, try smoking your clothes in a camp fire. Smoke smell doesn't alarm deer.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    With in reason........the one thing sent spray is real good at is the way they part you from your money......unless you quit breathing while your on the stand your putting out scent.

If your up wind of a deer and the wind current is blowing down......there going to smell you no matter how much you spend. If they didn't smell you, you got lucky and are sitting in a up current.

Keep your clothes clean with a non sented soap and try to keep away from any oil or gas product and hunt the wind. If you want a good cover sent, try smoking your clothes in a camp fire. Smoke smell doesn't alarm deer.
    For real smoke doesn't alert deer???Well thanks old mate I learn't something new todayI don't think it's my breathing that going to be the give away though,might be my exhaling thats my problem(LOW RUMBLE)LOL
    Last edited by Westy; 09-13-2011 at 05:20 PM.

Default Are You Sure

Hey Gator I found this old photo,are you sure they aren't afraid of smoke cause this guy looks pretty rattled
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Westy; 09-13-2011 at 05:31 PM.

I know for a fact that cigarrette smoke will alert deer. Can't even begin to count the times its gotten me busted at over 60-70 yards away or more. And they say smoke rises BS. I only smoke in the stand now when the wind is straight in my face(well I should say at my back, I turned my stand around last year for a better shot while sitting down) 10-15 mph or more.

Quote Originally Posted by srj26 View Post
    I know for a fact that cigarrette smoke will alert deer. Can't even begin to count the times its gotten me busted at over 60-70 yards away or more. And they say smoke rises BS. I only smoke in the stand now when the wind is straight in my face(well I should say at my back, I turned my stand around last year for a better shot while sitting down) 10-15 mph or more.
    I believe he's refering to the non nicotine flavor..
    Be good or be good at it.

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Keep your clothes clean with a non scented soap and try to keep away from any oil or gas product and hunt the wind. If you want a good cover sent, try smoking your clothes in a camp fire. Smoke smell doesn't alarm deer.
    get ya some Clorets-chewing gum- they have chloroform(Green stuff found in gross and green leaves in them

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps