You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Human Scent Eliminator??

Been trying some new things and was wondering if any hunters use a human scent eliminator?? If so, does it actually work?

never tried that brand but its a heck of a price compared to the 14.95 I just paid at Wal-Mart for some Dead Down Wind(w/ 3 refills just add water)

Ive had good luck with scent killer or scent away both seem to work good.But ive never tried what your talking about.
    2010 PSE AXE 7

With in reason........the one thing sent spray is real good at is the way they part you from your money......unless you quit breathing while your on the stand your putting out scent.

If your up wind of a deer and the wind current is blowing down......there going to smell you no matter how much you spend. If they didn't smell you, you got lucky and are sitting in a up current.

Keep your clothes clean with a non sented soap and try to keep away from any oil or gas product and hunt the wind. If you want a good cover sent, try smoking your clothes in a camp fire. Smoke smell doesn't alarm deer.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    With in reason........the one thing sent spray is real good at is the way they part you from your money......unless you quit breathing while your on the stand your putting out scent.

If your up wind of a deer and the wind current is blowing down......there going to smell you no matter how much you spend. If they didn't smell you, you got lucky and are sitting in a up current.

Keep your clothes clean with a non sented soap and try to keep away from any oil or gas product and hunt the wind. If you want a good cover sent, try smoking your clothes in a camp fire. Smoke smell doesn't alarm deer.
    For real smoke doesn't alert deer???Well thanks old mate I learn't something new todayI don't think it's my breathing that going to be the give away though,might be my exhaling thats my problem(LOW RUMBLE)LOL
    Last edited by Westy; 09-13-2011 at 06:20 PM.

Default Are You Sure

Hey Gator I found this old photo,are you sure they aren't afraid of smoke cause this guy looks pretty rattled
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Westy; 09-13-2011 at 06:31 PM.

I think it's all the hot stuff mixed in with the smoke that has him all rattled.

Scent free & sittin High vortec 1's Avatar

Default They don't smell me!!

I wash all clothes in Hunters Specialtie's sent away,use there version of a dirt scent bounce in the dryer.I wash my hands in scent away before I pull them out of thr dryer then they go straight into my scent free Hunters Specialtie's green bag which is tripple walled and foyel lined and I have dirt wafer's inside. I where 18 in high rubber boots,a new camo hat with a dirt wafer on it.I also scent free my truck inside. I use a silver type under layer. Shower in scent free shampo,under arm scentfree rollon and brush my teeth with baking soda and also where a mask.I spray myself before getting into my truck and also getting out of my truck.My hunting stuff never goes into public areas.When i'm done it goes straight into the bag and is rewashed every three days. Also you gota sit high to keep the thermals blowing away from your spot.Since I've been doing this I don't worry about playing the wind.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    HIGH COUNTRY SPEED PRO X10 "SPEED KILLS",HHA site,Carbon force Mayhem/Easton Fat Boy Arrows,Alpine quiver,TM hunter and Swhacker Broadheads.

Default Being that high you could probably wear a bacon suit

without them smelling you.

If your so sure all those scent away products are working why do you risk climbing so high in that small popple.

I mean each to there own and I don't care what you spend your money on but I still can't see you being scent free unless you stop breathing.......a mask can't cover your breath.....maybe put a exhaust stack up to the top of the tree and breath in that.

I know for a fact that cigarrette smoke will alert deer. Can't even begin to count the times its gotten me busted at over 60-70 yards away or more. And they say smoke rises BS. I only smoke in the stand now when the wind is straight in my face(well I should say at my back, I turned my stand around last year for a better shot while sitting down) 10-15 mph or more.

without them smelling you.

If your so sure all those scent away products are working why do you risk climbing so high in that small popple.

I mean each to there own and I don't care what you spend your money on but I still can't see you being scent free unless you stop breathing.......a mask can't cover your breath.....maybe put a exhaust stack up to the top of the tree and breath in that.
    HAHAHA that's funny
    Your rite with the breath you can only do so much. I look at like this, if I go through all the trouble of being scent free, it certantly can't hurt.Many time's I have had does rite below me with the wind blowing rite at them and since I been doing this I don't get winded. The cost? PRICELESS
    HIGH COUNTRY SPEED PRO X10 "SPEED KILLS",HHA site,Carbon force Mayhem/Easton Fat Boy Arrows,Alpine quiver,TM hunter and Swhacker Broadheads.

Quote Originally Posted by srj26 View Post
    I know for a fact that cigarrette smoke will alert deer. Can't even begin to count the times its gotten me busted at over 60-70 yards away or more. And they say smoke rises BS. I only smoke in the stand now when the wind is straight in my face(well I should say at my back, I turned my stand around last year for a better shot while sitting down) 10-15 mph or more.
    I believe he's refering to the non nicotine flavor..
    Be good or be good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
    I believe he's refering to the non nicotine flavor..
    yeap....as any non- smoker can tell you cigarette smoke and wood smoke smell totally different.

Being scent free is not that expensive if you don't sucker in and buy a carbon suite and carbon this and carbon that. I just buy new bottles of scent away every year when it's on clearence.If you have a good underlayer and you shower the the overlayers can be normal clothes.I don't use a carbon suit,I have a good underlayer.After brushing my teeth with baking soda, I eat an apple as long as they are still growing on the tree and then I use a mask which is the only carbon lined item that I have.Does it work? If it works just a little bit that's better than nothing.I have been walking in the dark during the rut and have had bucks within 15 or 20 yard's trying to scent check me and have gone down wind and could not get my scent. Which to me means if they can't smell me, to them I just another animal in the dark and that I would not be considered a threat( at least that's the way I look at it)I think alot of people just put on the suit and don't do anything else and expect magic to happen.If I can't shower or have to skip anything I will not hunt. The reason I'm in that popple is that's the only good tree in that area and the reason's I sit high are if for if some reason I happed to touch something that may give off human scent, I'm covered, and also I'm out of the deer's normal site plane and I get away with moving around a little more.But hey, to each there own,this works for me!!!

14 days and a wake up......Good luck

Post Can you see me?????????

Quote Originally Posted by vortec 1 View Post
    I wash all clothes in Hunters Specialtie's sent away,use there version of a dirt scent bounce in the dryer.I wash my hands in scent away before I pull them out of thr dryer then they go straight into my scent free Hunters Specialtie's green bag which is tripple walled and foyel lined and I have dirt wafer's inside. I where 18 in high rubber boots,a new camo hat with a dirt wafer on it.I also scent free my truck inside. I use a silver type under layer. Shower in scent free shampo,under arm scentfree rollon and brush my teeth with baking soda and also where a mask.I spray myself before getting into my truck and also getting out of my truck.My hunting stuff never goes into public areas.When i'm done it goes straight into the bag and is rewashed every three days. Also you gota sit high to keep the thermals blowing away from your spot.Since I've been doing this I don't worry about playing the wind.
    I reckon you could see my place from up there from Australia!!I'm out the front yard now can you see me man that suckers High

Sponge 4 bowhunting info Where's Bruce?'s Avatar
    South OC, People's Republik of Mexifornistan

Default Scent

I scrub with ScentAway, use the spray and store my hunting clothes in thse
    http://www.amazon.com/Hunters-Specia.../dp/B0002LNI9W

...and toss a couple of these in the bag too: http://www.amazon.com/Hunters-Specia..._bxgy_sg_img_b

Smells just like dirt.
    11 Hoyt Carbon Element 65lb draw, Spot Hogg Hunter sight, QAD HDX drop-away rest, 8 Axion Gridlock 3D Hunter stabilizer, Archer Xtreme Carbon Vapor (camo dipped) quiver w/ riser-mounted Stealth Cam EPIC videocamera.

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Keep your clothes clean with a non scented soap and try to keep away from any oil or gas product and hunt the wind. If you want a good cover sent, try smoking your clothes in a camp fire. Smoke smell doesn't alarm deer.
    get ya some Clorets-chewing gum- they have chloroform(Green stuff found in gross and green leaves in them

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps