You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default nearsighted archer

hello can anyone suggest what type of sight or scope can help me I have a peep sight G5 and an extream 4 pin .019 when I look thru the peep and pick up the pins there blurry when I wear my glasses the pins are bright and clear but the target is blurry please help,anyone?????

Do what I did ,spend the bucks and get your eyes fixed PRK laser you'll never look back,except for a good prev at a shelia???Use to see 5 Out of 20 now I see 6 lines below 20\20 was going to apply for a job flying the shuttle but they've shelfed the program!!!!LOL

try the next size peep smaller
    Archerytalk, Helping Sponsors fleece novice Archers since 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Do what I did ,spend the bucks and get your eyes fixed PRK laser you'll never look back,except for a good prev at a shelia???Use to see 5 Out of 20 now I see 6 lines below 20\20 was going to apply for a job flying the shuttle but they've shelfed the program!!!!LOL
    I ve been waiting for my call from NASA too, I keep telling them what a great rocket scientist I would be. ...........

+1 try a smaller peep........if that don't work, find a good shop and try a lense in your peep. sometime a verifier in your peep sight is just the ticket to clear up your pins.

Have the same problem and for me the fix was go to a slider sight with a fiber optic scope .029 green fiber. I just could not use the 4 pins as they were nver clear at almost dark they would fade together.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    I ve been waiting for my call from NASA too, I keep telling them what a great rocket scientist I would be. ...........

+1 try a smaller peep........if that don't work, find a good shop and try a lense in your peep. sometime a verifier in your peep sight is just the ticket to clear up your pins.
    Dead set serious Gator the best thing i've ever done had given up hunting and packed on a tonne of weight since wearing specsSince the op can see stuff that I'd not been able to see for years(Cops hiding behind signs with radar guns) and lost about 2 stone.Shoot twice a week and I can tell ya how it completely changed my world!!!!I now tell the the young guys if thier shooting high or low at the 65yard targets ,this is totally awesome it'll rock your worldHaven't been to the end of the Earth but at least I now can see it!!!!!
    Last edited by Westy; 09-14-2011 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Dead set serious Gator the best thing i've ever done had given up hunting and packed on a tonne of weight since wearing specsSince the op can see stuff that I'd not been able to see for years(Cops hiding behind signs with radar guns) and lost about 2 stone.Shoot twice a week and I can tell ya how it completely changed my world!!!!I now tell the the young guys if thier shooting high or low at the 65yard targets ,this is totally awesome it'll rock your worldHaven't been to the end of the Earth but at least I now can see it!!!!!
    I use to have eye's like that but old age is starting to catch up. I can still see great far away but nothing close......heck I almost got my computer screen sitting on the desk across from mine.

Default seeing the pins

had same problem went with specalty peep with screw in leanses now shooting .10 pin on target set up. You have to give a little bluryness at target but still works real good. You can try differant magnafications till you find the right one and they come in differant sizes so you just change insert size not have to change compleat peep. Doesn't help speling but I see the pins without glasses. I'm not a candidate for lazic wish I was

Quote Originally Posted by wesgillock View Post
    had same problem went with specalty peep with screw in leanses now shooting .10 pin on target set up. You have to give a little bluryness at target but still works real good. You can try differant magnafications till you find the right one and they come in differant sizes so you just change insert size not have to change compleat peep. Doesn't help speling but I see the pins without glasses. I'm not a candidate for lazic wish I was
    Sorry to here that but neither was I thats why I went with the PRK Surgery!!!! The new option is the use of IOL's check it out you'll never look back pardon the punn!!!

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

have y'all considered a verifier by specialty archery
    helps to see the sights
    http://www.specialtyarch.com/products-page/verifiers/

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps