You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Arrow Can You Help????

I've just started getting a little serious(For a change) about shooting comp after 15 years off and want a little help with arrows and fletchings I'm currently using Gt's29inch carbon -carbon 100g tips and 4" quickspins i've included a photo of my groups at 45yards shot on a 15 degree slope!!!!Can you help with arrow selection and should I shorten my fletchings????Ohh before I forget i'm shooting Mathews Ez7 62.5 pounds 28.5Draw any ideas
    Cheers Westy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like that set up is working for you. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

If you bow is well tuned you could get away with smaller fletchings and pick up some speed.

looks good to me. like Gator eye said if it ain't broke dont fix it. but I would try some smaller vanes.
    Lingerie football. I dont care who wins.

sent using my keyboard and two fingers

I wouldn't really change the arrow if they are grouping and working well.

What I WOULD change is the vanes and the nocks. Change the vanes for 2 reasons....if your going to shoot field or FITA the Quickspin is going to kill your downrange trajectory past about 40-50 yds. Another reason is unless your going to be shooting 3D ONLY your going to tear those vanes up pretty quick shooting a vane that large. Your going to want something with a lower profile. And I don't mean go to Blazers. They work for the hunter/3D crowd but they are going to be no better then what you have when it comes to getting chewed up. You won't find hardly anyone that know what they are doing or that is worth a darn shooting Blazers for field or FITA if you do....they probably won't be shooting them the next time you see them shooting

As for the nocks....put a bushing in those things and shoot a G style nock (I prefer Bohning F nocks over a G nock) or put pins in them and shoot pin nocks....otherwise your going to become a victim to the trap that GT has built in of not protecting their shafts on the back end therefore forcing you to buy more arrows

Thumbs up Many thanks

Want to try 2.25" Quikspins any opinons on them?????Thanks for the input so far, guys here in Oz are so secretive about everything!!!!Hornet can you tell me do they make nock inserts/Bushings for gt's????what vanes would you recomend in this situation??????
    Last edited by Westy; 09-20-2011 at 05:12 PM.

Default Many thanks old Mate

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    Looks like that set up is working for you. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

If you bow is well tuned you could get away with smaller fletchings and pick up some speed.
    GiDay Gator if i pick up more speed then I'm going to have to tune this thing again Y\N ohh well at least it'll get me out of the house LOL

I know a couple guys that use the 2.25" quickspins and really like them, at least for casual 3D and hunting.

Here is a link from GT for pin nock bushings on their "Hunter" shafts http://www.goldtip.com/componentdeta...ushings&cid=36

Yeah, Im using low profile Duravane Fusions and Easton G nock bushings with Bohning F nocks myself. I dont think there is anything wrong with what your using other then it wont last as long as what Im using under the same circumstances.
    Archerytalk, Helping Sponsors fleece novice Archers since 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Want to try 2.25" Quikspins any opinons on them?????Thanks for the input so far, guys here in Oz are so secretive about everything!!!!Hornet can you tell me do they make nock inserts/Bushings for gt's????what vanes would you recomend in this situation??????
    I'm sure there is a bushing that fits. But GT doesn't make one and I don't remember who does. They do make a pin bushing though.

If your going to shoot target....get a real target vane. Quickspins ain't what I would go with. They simply aren't as good a vane as a FF or a Bohning vane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk