You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need bow advice

Default Need bow advice

Hello,
    I'm new to the forum and I am looking for a little advice on a new bow. I have not owned a bow for the last 4 years so I'm a little out of the loop. My previous bow was a Mathews FX, and I sure wish I had never sold it, but I did and now I'm looking for a new one. So I have narrowed my search down to a Z7 Magnum or a Reezen 6.5. I sure would appreciate any advice you guys have for me.

Z7 Magnum all the wayAlthough i'm a bit bias as I have 21 camo 1 black and they are awesome!!!!1 for target 1for hunting don't do what I did and buy the wrong bow and regret it latter!try'em all and see what you like but 32" ATA sure feels nice in the handHave I sold you yet

Bowtech destroyer is the way to go man!!

Bowtech Destroyer 340
    30" draw, 65#, 332 fps
    GoldTip XT's

Thanks for the advice. I cant seem to find a bow shop that has anything other than the Z7 and Z7 Extreme in stock. I was planning on ordering one off Ebay so I wont be able to shoot them. As for the Bowtech... I would not be against owning one of them if I could find a shop that sells them and actually keeps some sort of inventory so I could shoot one. I hear a lot of good things about Bowtech!

Where are u located at?

Bowtech Destroyer 340
    30" draw, 65#, 332 fps
    GoldTip XT's

About 60 miles south of Oklahoma City.

Talking Here's what I think !

I think that a Cyclone bow would be best !

Have fun finding a new bow and shoot as many as you can before deciding !

Wishing you well !
    PS . I shoot "HOYT " cause I'm a serious guy !

Well there is a shop here in boerne. Texas. That has basically all bowtech and mathews Haha but that would be one hell of trip for a bow.

Bowtech Destroyer 340
    30" draw, 65#, 332 fps
    GoldTip XT's

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    I think that a Cyclone bow would be best !

Have fun finding a new bow and shoot as many as you can before deciding !

Wishing you well !
    PS . I shoot "HOYT " cause I'm a serious guy !
    TOO serious now back to the salt mines

I shoot a bowtech and i love it. I have also heard that pse makes really good huntin bows and so does hoyt.

"It flies it dies"

I had a Martin before my bowtech and i liked it but man,When i got my destroyer i went nuts. It shoots amazingly fast and is crazy smooth.

Bowtech Destroyer 340
    30" draw, 65#, 332 fps
    GoldTip XT's

mathews is tough to beat ........Z7

I spent 8 hours driving all over Oklahoma shooting bows. I shot Bowtech, Martin, Hoyt, and Mathews. I did not shoot a PSE but I did pick a few up and look at them... wasn't too impressed. Cowboy I did shoot a Destroyer and it was a nice bow but I think I am going to stick with Mathews. I was impressed with the Carbon Element but that bow is ridiculously expensive!!! Nobody had a Z7 Magnum for me to shoot. I will have to order one if I decide on it. I think I may have to go shoot a few more today to help me decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly2279 View Post
    I spent 8 hours driving all over Oklahoma shooting bows. I shot Bowtech, Martin, Hoyt, and Mathews. I did not shoot a PSE but I did pick a few up and look at them... wasn't too impressed. Cowboy I did shoot a Destroyer and it was a nice bow but I think I am going to stick with Mathews. I was impressed with the Carbon Element but that bow is ridiculously expensive!!! Nobody had a Z7 Magnum for me to shoot. I will have to order one if I decide on it. I think I may have to go shoot a few more today to help me decide.
    "ALWAYS" shoot it before you bring it home,no matter how cool it looks it's designed to spit out arrows and if it don't suit you then don't buy it!!!!Don't ever fall for the "CRAP" about you'll get use to it line because the price they charge would make a billy goat For some reason they never ever shoot in the field like they did in the shopThis might have to do with the fact the selfrightous salesman isn't next to you in the field
    Last edited by Westy; 10-11-2011 at 06:16 PM.

Sponge 4 bowhunting info Where's Bruce?'s Avatar
    South OC, People's Republik of Mexifornistan

Default I feel your pain

I shot everything too. The Carbon Element was very sweet and the price was not but then I figured, it's the last bow I'll ever need amd ultimately decided to pay a little more (okay, alot more) and get more. Glad I did because after I had finished tuning it and was dialing in my 1st pin, three Mathews guys at the range came over and commented on how much quieter my Element was compared to their bow (include the Z7) which made me more than a little happy. My bow is half as loud as theirs even with HD.

Ultimately the best choice is the one you shoot best with. That approach forced my hand into the Hoyt. You know what they say, Get Serious-Get Hoyt.

[IMG]Need bow advice - Bowhunting forum [/IMG]

Never regretted it. Maybe save a little and add the Element to your Wish List for Christmas...does anyone love you? <g>
    ’11 Hoyt Carbon Element 65lb draw, Spot Hogg Hunter sight, QAD HDX drop-away rest, 8” Axion Gridlock 3D Hunter stabilizer, Archer Xtreme Carbon Vapor (camo dipped) quiver w/ riser-mounted Stealth Cam EPIC videocamera.

Is that a mathews stabilizer on that fine Hoyt ?
    HOYT KATERA
    PRO ELITE
    ULTRA ELITE

Looks like it LOL.you know why these new Hoyts are so quite????The answer is the string doesn't get over 300ft\Sec !!!!! Mathews are so loud because the arrow is is braking the sound barrier. HA-HA-
    HA

Quote Originally Posted by PA.JAY View Post
    Is that a mathews stabilizer on that fine Hoyt ?
    ’11 Hoyt Carbon Element 65lb draw, Spot Hogg Hunter sight, QAD HDX drop-away rest, 8” Axion Gridlock 3D Hunter stabilizer, Archer Xtreme Carbon Vapor (camo dipped) quiver.

Clocked at 328FPS w/ 350gr arrows.
    ’11 Hoyt Carbon Element 65lb draw, Spot Hogg Hunter sight, QAD HDX drop-away rest, 8” Axion Gridlock 3D Hunter stabilizer, Archer Xtreme Carbon Vapor (camo dipped) quiver w/ riser-mounted Stealth Cam EPIC videocamera.

Quote Originally Posted by Where's Bruce? View Post
    ’11 Hoyt Carbon Element 65lb draw, Spot Hogg Hunter sight, QAD HDX drop-away rest, 8” Axion Gridlock 3D Hunter stabilizer, Archer Xtreme Carbon Vapor (camo dipped) quiver.

Clocked at 328FPS w/ 350gr arrows.
    All B.S aside Bruce thats a nice bowIs it the 32"ATA or the 35"ATA either way nice choice MateLve that quiver never seen 1 like that before,only ever seen these in the Carbon finish?

Default Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    All B.S aside Bruce thats a nice bowIs it the 32"ATA or the 35"ATA either way nice choice MateLve that quiver never seen 1 like that before,only ever seen these in the Carbon finish?
    It's the 32" and the all carbon fibre quiver weighs 5.5oz and was the first Vapor ever dipped in camo (at my request). The guys on Archerytalk busted my chops bigtime for spending $300. on a quiver...last time I looked that thread was 8 pages long with only a few people being civil. Some weird people on that site. Why they care what i buy is beyond me.

I like it.

[IMG]Need bow advice - Bowhunting forum [/IMG] [IMG]Need bow advice - Bowhunting forum [/IMG]