You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Should I pass?

Default Should I pass?

I saw the biggest buck of my life on friday. A nice 12 and I only had a shot at his neck the question is do I take the chance? I pulled back but decided not to take the shot. Any advice?

Scent free & sittin High vortec 1's Avatar

Default Respect for the animal

You did the rite thing.How would ya fell if you just wounded him. This way he may walk by you again, if not this year,maybe next. I see these so called pro hunter's in video's and they take alot of stupid unethical shot's.Hopefully you will see him again and have a nice broad side or quartering away shot. Best to ya!!!
    HIGH COUNTRY SPEED PRO X10 "SPEED KILLS",HHA site,Carbon force Mayhem/Easton Fat Boy Arrows,Alpine quiver,TM hunter and Swhacker Broadheads.

Sponge 4 bowhunting info Where's Bruce?'s Avatar
    South OC, People's Republik of Mexifornistan

Default Good for you!

Karmic points earned...you'll be rewarded later.
    11 Hoyt Carbon Element 65lb draw, Spot Hogg Hunter sight, QAD HDX drop-away rest, 8 Axion Gridlock 3D Hunter stabilizer, Archer Xtreme Carbon Vapor (camo dipped) quiver w/ riser-mounted Stealth Cam EPIC videocamera.

Thanks for the comments guys

Talking Here's what I think !

I've pasted on some critters before , as my second deer kill , about eight years ago was a neck shot . That doe never went very far and really bleed all over the snow covered ground !

Cool As They Say!!!!

What goes around comes around,next time he'll only be bigger than the last time

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

I would have passed as well; good for you.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

that is the only time i wish i had a rifle in my hands. you did the right thing in my book. in bow hunting seeing the deer is just part of the hunt everything has to happen just right for it to work out. that is one of my favorite things about bow hunting, when it does work out it is like destiny and that deer was yours before you even puled back that string.

Neck shots are risky. There is only 2 things that will take them down in the neck and that is an artery or the spline.

You did the right thing.
    Athens Factory Staff Shooter
    Dead Center Archery Staff Shooter/Tru Ball staff shooter/Bohning Shooting Staff
    K&E Taxidermy
    http://www.freewebs.com/gerrystaxidermy/index.htm