You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Talking Prime bows , by G5

Anyone know much about this line of bows and what are your thoughts on them ?

I haven't shot one but there is getting to be a nice following for that company.

I played with a few of them this winter at LAS. The finish is awesome, the cams look sweet, the bow is well built.

The draw cycle on those things is pathetic IMO and in the opinion of all the people that were at the Classic that I had draw them back. About 10 of us hanging out.... I don't think I have shot a bow in the past few years with a draw that stiff....not that the cams aren't smooth. But they feel like they are about 15lbs or more stiffer then they are. After drawing one on 60 then drawing back a 70lb Alphaburner one of my buddies about yanked the cams on the Alpha off the limbs lol.

The idea and design of the cams and bow is awesome. But they need to go back to the drawing board....pun intended....on that draw cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talking A little known fact !

These bows by Prime bows are about $1000 each and find that just too much for a very little known bow company !

I find that bows from little known companies , could become boat anchors , if not what everyone wants , real fast !

I lose enough on my 401K now as it is !

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    These bows by Prime bows are about $1000 each and find that just too much for a very little known bow company !

I find that bows from little known companies , could become boat anchors , if not what everyone wants , real fast !

I lose enough on my 401K now as it is !

401K ????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    401K ????????????

It's someone's dream way of saving for retirement , got to remember that when it's gone , it's gone and it may be gone before retirement , the way those in charge handle such things !

I'll never ever be able to buy a new bow now , and will lose my excellent archery standing , using an old bow around here !

I might even get banned !

It's someone's dream way of saving for retirement , got to remember that when it's gone , it's gone and it may be gone before retirement , the way those in charge handle such things !

I'll never ever be able to buy a new bow now , and will lose my excellent archery standing , using an old bow around here !

I might even get banned !

you mean like superannuation???? the boss pays 9% of your salary every week into a fund for when you retire

you mean like superannuation???? the boss pays 9% of your salary every week into a fund for when you retire
    A 401k is a designation for money that a person invest for there retirement. Similar to what you are saying, but in most instances today, the company does not contibute. Often the employee contributes a designated amount or a % of there salary. Each paycheck that money goes into the account, often into mutula funds. The money is pre-tax and therefore lowers your gross, which helps out with taxes. You are not allowed to touch the money until 59 1/2 years old. If you withdraw before that time, you pay the taxes on the $ withdrawn plus a 10% penalty.
    When you withdraw funds later in life (often in retirement) you might be in a lower tax bracket and receive benefit in that way as well. It is a tax-deferred account, very similar to a traditional IRA.

And...I think the Prime bows look nice, nice thought, but I wish they offered a 36" ata. I did hear there was an early issue with the cables rubbing the cams, but I believe that had been corrected.

lucky buggers we have to wait untill were 67 years old before we can touch our over here in Oz

Talking Here's what I think !

lucky buggers we have to wait untill were 67 years old before we can touch our over here in Oz
    I think that you are lucky , as you don't know what 401Ks are !

Great posts alaz , but it's now !

Great posts alaz , but it's now !
    sorry about the diversion...

I am also very interested in the Prime, love the thought behind it. Just would like to see 36" aTa.
    The only negative I have been hearing is the draw cycle is not as comfortable as some would like. I have not had a chance to shoot one.

Quote Originally Posted by alaz View Post
    sorry about the diversion...

I am also very interested in the Prime, love the thought behind it. Just would like to see 36" aTa.
    The only negative I have been hearing is the draw cycle is not as comfortable as some would like. I have not had a chance to shoot one.
    Don't worry about it as our friend , Westy , needs to be brought up to speed , as I think he is a newby to archery !

Don't worry about it as our friend , Westy , needs to be brought up to speed , as I think he is a newby to archery !

Gee what gave the pot away?????

Talking Always glad to hear from you !

Gee what gave the pot away?????
    Admitting things , is the first step to becoming a great archer , Westy !

Wonder when I'll get there ?

Talking Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,

Admitting things , is the first step to becoming a great archer , Westy !

Wonder when I'll get there ?
    Nice and Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many tMany thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanksMany thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,

Default Here's what I think !

Nice and Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many tMany thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanksMany thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,Many thanks, Many thanks,
    Who are you writing that stuff to , wouldn't be your misses again ?

Boy does she got you trained !

Who are you writing that stuff to , wouldn't be your misses again ?

Boy does she got you trained !

It's for you Carppy ,it's for you

Thanks as it is true , the forces of archery are showing you the way , " praise the Lord " !

It's true , praying does work !