You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thumbs down Has this ever happened too u??

Have been setting my bow up for a few months now and today was the final shoot of the year.Took Thursday off to shoot 60 targets and had this baby humming when I noticed the drop away fork on the ultra lite was fatigued so I stopped into the bow shop which will remain Anonymous at this point.They changed it out no problems $12.50 Thank-you!!!!!Today first target 30 Yards it shoots 8" high,ohh well to much sauce last nite get over it!!!!Next target 32 yards 9" high WTF!!!!!!Left the comp and retuned the bow it was totally screwed up WTF????The dude from the shop walks by and asks whats up so i explain !!!Then he says Ohhh that sight had a lose bolt and I just fixed it up for free!!!!Thanks Dickhead,problem solved shot the back 20 and the rest is history!!!!!Ohh well always next year I guess!!!!!Thanks Eagle Archery!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Have been setting my bow up for a few months now and today was the final shoot of the year.Took Thursday off to shoot 60 targets and had this baby humming when I noticed the drop away fork on the ultra lite was fatigued so I stopped into the bow shop which will remain Anonymous at this point.They changed it out no problems $12.50 Thank-you!!!!!Today first target 30 Yards it shoots 8" high,ohh well to much sauce last nite get over it!!!!Next target 32 yards 9" high WTF!!!!!!Left the comp and retuned the bow it was totally screwed up WTF????The dude from the shop walks by and asks whats up so i explain !!!Then he says Ohhh that sight had a lose bolt and I just fixed it up for free!!!!Thanks,problem solved shot the back 20 and the rest is history!!!!!Ohh well always next year I guess!!!!!Thanks Eagle Archery!!!!!
    Sorry about the language but I can't belive some people,you think he might of told me the day he fiddled with the thing
    Last edited by Westy; 11-06-2011 at 04:12 AM.

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

Come on now he did it for free!
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

just make a gang elevation adj. to your pin sight , move the pin hosing up a lil bit. The worn screw could of had your sight drooping a lil bit. also the worn rest could have caused this as weel, putting the new one on could raise your point of impact. re check your nock point.
    Archerytalk, Helping Sponsors fleece novice Archers since 2001.

That's why I do everything myself. But I think....sorry for this....your more at fault then the shop.

You can't make adjustments to your bow and not shoot it and then be mad that it's off at a shoot. Changing/fixing your rest probably had more to do with your POI change then replacing a screw. Either way your arrows were going to hit the same spot exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
    That's why I do everything myself. But I think....sorry for this....your more at fault then the shop.

You can't make adjustments to your bow and not shoot it and then be mad that it's off at a shoot. Changing/fixing your rest probably had more to do with your POI change then replacing a screw. Either way your arrows were going to hit the same spot exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yerrr thanks for that Hornet,Me, Myself and I have had this conversation a million times today already!!!!Live and learn as they say ,I tell you it will never happen again,learned a real lesson here don't share on forums

Talking That was funny !

Westy , I've lived by " Murphey's Law " and you need alot more than that to go wrong and then you might catch up with me someday !

I've learned things the hard way !

Thankgod I learned !

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    Westy , I've lived by " Murphey's Law " and you need alot more than that to go wrong and then you might catch up with me someday !

I've learned things the hard way !

Thankgod I learned !

Thanks for your support old mate,I knew I could count on you

Talking A little known fact !

Thanks for your support old mate,I knew I could count on you
    I'm in the supporting role now , as more than one fellow archer has informed yours trully to get out of the way at an archery 3D shoot !

Wink Some dumb A$$

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    I'm in the supporting role now , as more than one fellow archer has informed yours trully to get out of the way at an archery 3D shoot !

Serious who's going to argue with a Vietnam vet with a hoyt in his hand

Talking A little known fact !

Serious who's going to argue with a Vietnam vet with a hoyt in his hand
    Folks who don't miss 3D targets !

Answering the original question? NO, this has never happened to me. I started shooting compounds in 1973 and from day-one nobody in a shop has ever done any work on my bow. I have always done it myself. I'd be lying if I said I never made a mistake, but at least I learned from those mistakes.

I take measurements of anything I can think of in case something goes haywire or I make a change. In doing so I can completely change a rest and have the bow shooting within inches of where it was prior to the change, but I always check the POI and tune afterwards.

Never trust anybody to be as meticulous with your equipment as you would be.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Star Shooter
    UBP Life Member
    PSAA Life Member
    Worldwide Scuba Diver