You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    Sponge 4 bowhunting info Where's Bruce?'s Avatar
    South OC, People's Republik of Mexifornistan

Default Achmed the Terrorist Moose

Just got off the phone with a taxidermist in Nova Scotia who said he is having zero luck shipping mounts to the states...U.S. Customs is holding up delivery of the shoulder mounts. They cite new, more restrictive guidelines in a post-911 world as the cause...as if Al Queda is loading mooseheads with explosives. Gimme a break. The meat processor told me he cannot ship to me either...that I must take the processed moose meat with me on the plane. That's eight 50lb boxes is unfrozen vacuum packed meat. Said to let it age in the fridge for a week or two then freeze it.

Anyone hunted Canada and dealt with this? My hunt is in New Foundland next year.
    11 Hoyt Carbon Element 65lb draw, Spot Hogg Hunter sight, QAD HDX drop-away rest, 8 Axion Gridlock 3D Hunter stabilizer, Archer Xtreme Carbon Vapor (camo dipped) quiver w/ riser-mounted Stealth Cam EPIC videocamera.

Scent free & sittin High vortec 1's Avatar

Default Tell them to keep there Moose

Go book a hunt in Alaska and let the Outfitter know why.I bet they will find a way to get it to ya.
    HIGH COUNTRY SPEED PRO X10 "SPEED KILLS",HHA site,Carbon force Mayhem/Easton Fat Boy Arrows,Alpine quiver,TM hunter and Swhacker Broadheads.

Couldn't you pack the meat in dry ice and ship it through UPS? They ship world wide.

Sponge 4 bowhunting info Where's Bruce?'s Avatar
    South OC, People's Republik of Mexifornistan

Default No can do

After speaking to the meat processor and doing some research, I got the real story and sent this letter to the hunting lodge operator in New Foundland:

Dear Laura,
    Glad I called Boyd and Moe. Apparently Canada and the US government have an agreement that animals taken there must be in possession of the hunter and cannot be shipped. It's not all 9/11 stuff either. Some of it has to do with importation and USDA approval. Moe is having issues getting mounts accepted by U.S. Customs. Boyd won’t even try to ship meat. You should know this and share these facts with hunters before they book as the logistical problems they represent are significant. Some airlines won’t let you bring that much cargo on board. What a mess.
    Bruce
    Last edited by Where's Bruce?; 11-10-2011 at 10:02 AM.
    11 Hoyt Carbon Element 65lb draw, Spot Hogg Hunter sight, QAD HDX drop-away rest, 8 Axion Gridlock 3D Hunter stabilizer, Archer Xtreme Carbon Vapor (camo dipped) quiver w/ riser-mounted Stealth Cam EPIC videocamera.

Quote Originally Posted by Where's Bruce? View Post
    After speaking to the meat processor and doing some research, I got the real story and sent this letter to the hunting lodge operator in New Foundland:

Dear Laura,
    Glad I called Boyd and Moe. Apparently Canada and the US government have an agreement that animals taken there must be in possession of the hunter and cannot be shipped. It's not all 9/11 stuff either. Some of it has to do with importation and USDA approval. Moe is having issues getting mounts accepted by U.S. Customs. Boyd won’t even try to ship meat. You should know this and share these facts with hunters before they book as the logistical problems they represent are significant. Some airlines won’t let you bring that much cargo on board. What a mess.
    Bruce
    Maybe bruce you could set up some sort of meat exchange program????Swap 1 u.s elk for a Canadian moose and so on!!!!!There you go old mate just made you a millionare overnight,I'll be happy with just 5% of the profit for the idea!!!!Bruces Meat Enforium now shooting
    Cheers Westy

Wow that sucks......I guess you need to have a big party and try to eat as much as possible before you leave and just bring home the choice cuts.

But that doesn't solve the issue of getting your cape back to the states.