You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: New Bow help

Default New Bow help

I have been away from archery and this forum for a while now, and am having withdrawals. I made up my mind today I am going buy a new bow and have been happily shopping all day online. I have a couple that really look to be what I want, one being the Hoyt Rampage XT. I know the best thing to do is to go pick up the bow and see how it feels and shoots but before that I just wanted some opinions on this bow or other suggestions. Not really looking to spend a grand on just a bow but somewhere in that middle price range. I really appreciate the help.

look at a late model used maxxis or something simular.
    Archerytalk, Helping Sponsors fleece novice Archers since 2001.

Talking Here's what I think !

I own bows with around 39+ ATA , 7inch + brace height and are not the so called speed bows that some archers just got to have .

The deer and targets have never complained !

Try if you can , before buying !

back

I haven't shot the hoyt rampage but if you like the spec's I'm betting it's a shooter.

The last few years bow companies have put out a boat load of great shooting bows. It's hard to find a bad one. It's easier to find one with the ATA and brace you like and start shooting from there.

Default !

Thanks for the help guys, I narrowed down my list and now it all comes down to how they feel when I shoot them!

Quote Originally Posted by bowcraze30 View Post
    Thanks for the help guys, I narrowed down my list and now it all comes down to how they feel when I shoot them!
    I always shoot Mathews cause it makes me feel like a real man!!!!! thats what the advertisment said anyways,I'd rather feel a woman though

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    I always shoot Mathews cause it makes me feel like a real man!!!!! thats what the advertisment said anyways,I'd rather feel a woman though
    \

Westy Westy Westy. what are we going to do with you. Mathews wont make you feel like a man if you wear pink undies.
    Lingerie football. I dont care who wins.

sent using my keyboard and two fingers

The Rampage seems like a nice bow. As mentioned you might find some nice deals as the 2012's come in.
    Good luck and keep us posted.