You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    Sponge 4 bowhunting info Where's Bruce?'s Avatar
    South OC, People's Republik of Mexifornistan

Default Has a gut feeling ever changed your hunting plans?

I was just reading a thread on another site about a hunter who got a bad gut feeling but tried to push thru it. The further he drove, the worse it got. He ended up feeling forced to pull over and head back home and was wondering if he was a wimp for it. Personally I always trust my instincts and shared the following with him:

Let me share a little real life with you. I'm spearfishing for tuna in Baja, pushing my big 4 band Riffe gun thru the water. We'd seen tuna in the area and I am just enjoying a beatifully calm and warm day hoping to score a nice fish. I drop down to about 25' and a voice says "TURN AROUND. TURN AROUND NOW!!!"
    I turn and look to see a huge tiger shark 15'-20' behind me, mouth open moving right at my fin tips. I spin and aim at him and he jerks his head to the right and cruises by me...disappearing into the blue haze of the Gulf. To this day I'm pretty certain that the only reason he didn't hit me was due to the brown stain in the water. Prior to this encounter with what I estimate was a 15' shark (but probably only 10-12') I had a lot of bravado and considered myself the ulimate ocean predator. "Better to be eaten by an 18' shark than hit by an 18 wheel truck," I would say. "At least people will remember you when you're gone!"

All that BS left my body in an instant when I watched those stripes glide by me. The next 15 minutes in the water (while I tried to signal the guys on the boat) were the longest of my life. Listen to the voices my friend...God is talking.

Have you ever experienced a gut feeling that wouldn't quit. The guy who was driving to his hunting spot said the minute he turned his truck around, the bad feeling went away. I can relate.
    11 Hoyt Carbon Element 65lb draw, Spot Hogg Hunter sight, QAD HDX drop-away rest, 8 Axion Gridlock 3D Hunter stabilizer, Archer Xtreme Carbon Vapor (camo dipped) quiver w/ riser-mounted Stealth Cam EPIC videocamera.

This has only happened once to me,was traveling out deep into the scrub when I saw the Minmin lights scared the out of me!!!! the lights went out in the old truck the engine stopped,the hair stood up on the back of my neck and then something started to pull on my leg!!!!! I cryed as I looked down to see what it was,it was a to be continued tommorow

Thumbs up Here's what I think !

Way to go Westy , this story must require alot of sauce to be told , just like my buddies down at the my favorite wateringhole , their stories get changed , just like their taste in women as time goes by !

I'll be reading this thread for the latest , tomorrow !

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

yep was walking through a waste high field to hunt a new area back in 87
    I was all about looking at tha woods some 70 yards away and I heard a voice right behind me say
    look out for snakes
    so I look down 3 steps away form a coiled copperhead
    shot tha beast with my bow
    thank God for His watchful eye

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    yep was walking through a waste high field to hunt a new area back in 87
    I was all about looking at tha woods some 70 yards away and I heard a voice right behind me say
    look out for snakes
    so I look down 3 steps away form a coiled copperhead
    shot tha beast with my bow
    thank God for His watchful eye
    GOD always provides,not only did he save your lifebut provided you with a new belt as well

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    This has only happened once to me,was traveling out deep into the scrub when I saw the Minmin lights scared the out of me!!!! the lights went out in the old truck the engine stopped,the hair stood up on the back of my neck and then something started to pull on my leg!!!!! I cryed as I looked down to see what it was,it was a : to be continued tommorow
    Bruce too my suprise it was Steve and Bindi Irwin (Croc hunter)!!!!Bindi was pulling on my leg and saying Crikey Mate there's a 20 ft salt water Croc just over there.As i turned to look the Croc latched onto my other leg and now I had little Bindi pulling on one leg,the Croc on the other and Steve jumping about the place saying isn't he a little "Beauty" the croc pulled and pulled and bindi pulled on the other and I was torn to and throw!!!to be continued tommorow

Westy...you wouldn't be pulling our leg would you??

I had that gut feeling when I married my ex...

Sitting up in the church waiting for the wedding to start and I just wanted to run.

Unfortunately there was no door to be found for a easy escape and I went through with the marrage.

I should of run.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    Westy...you wouldn't be pulling our leg would you??
    Nowhere as hard as the Croc was pulling mine Gattor you rock mate
    Last edited by Westy; 11-17-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    I had that gut feeling when I married my ex...

Sitting up in the church waiting for the wedding to start and I just wanted to run.

Unfortunately there was no door to be found for a easy escape and I went through with the marrage.

I should of run.
    Why do men do this to themselves, it seems to be a worldwide problem???

Bruce this stuff does happen,and more than we think

look 4 in a row here we go looking for 5

And here it is a big fat 5 in a row ,Well done Westy!!!! it's friday night here can you tell

Your learning young Jedi.......