You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    Sponge 4 bowhunting info Where's Bruce?'s Avatar
    South OC, People's Republik of Mexifornistan

Default Best overall broadhead?

Mechanical? Fixed? For hunting and 3d.
    11 Hoyt Carbon Element 65lb draw, Spot Hogg Hunter sight, QAD HDX drop-away rest, 8 Axion Gridlock 3D Hunter stabilizer, Archer Xtreme Carbon Vapor (camo dipped) quiver w/ riser-mounted Stealth Cam EPIC videocamera.

I dont think there is anyone on the Planet who has shot several animals with every Hunting head on the Market to be able to be qualified to answer that question.
    If you go to the ArcheryTalk forum Im sure you can find dozens of Staff Shooters who have owned a compound for a year or two who can give you an AT certified,qualified opinion.
    Archerytalk, Helping Sponsors fleece novice Archers since 2001.

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

No doubt all you would get will be a bunch of personal opinions; and shooting broadheads on most 3d courses is going to get you in hot water!
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Quote Originally Posted by dbdcougar View Post
    No doubt all you would get will be a bunch of personal opinions; and shooting broadheads on most 3d courses is going to get you in hot water!
    I'm glad you said it and not me

Muzzy because Hoyt recomend them!!!!

Sponge 4 bowhunting info Where's Bruce?'s Avatar
    South OC, People's Republik of Mexifornistan

Default Arrggg

I guess I screwed up and forgot to provide this link:
    http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/1268...z-movie?page=1
    Sorry.
    11 Hoyt Carbon Element 65lb draw, Spot Hogg Hunter sight, QAD HDX drop-away rest, 8 Axion Gridlock 3D Hunter stabilizer, Archer Xtreme Carbon Vapor (camo dipped) quiver w/ riser-mounted Stealth Cam EPIC videocamera.

Just messing around on my user CP screen and i see some disposable D- bag said my post was rude ? To who? An Archerytalk Staff Shooter/D-bag? If your going to have folks critiqing peoples posts, they should NOT be anonymous.

Its probably the thread starter , best broadhead for hunting and "3D", I mean what kind of $300 quiver buying putz would ask such a question like that who asked the same question on Archerytalk a 1/2 dozen times. Why, To bait an answer so he can go run like a lil girl to a Mod and thry and start some s*^* that way.

What did I miss.

One minute were talkin broadheads and the next were talkin about douche bags.

Had to double check to make sure I wasn't in the off topic.

Anyway......I ve been sticking to slick tricks the last couple of years. Not the cheepest head out there but I get good flight out of them and they seem to tune up easily. If you make a good shot with a clean pass through most times you can wash it off and use it for the next deer, I got one head that's put down three deer before I had to change the blades. Like any broadhead, shot placement is key, a good shot and your drinkin beer within a half hour, make a bad shot and your on your hands and knee's searching for blood.

Good luck with the rest of your drama.

Talking Another happy day in "PARADISE "!

I just love to come here and get more confuse !

To each his own as I try to use the ones that are the oldest , in order to use the fresh ones later , or before their expiration date or whatever !

I need to go to that top notch support thread in the offtopic seation for good advice !

Last edited by Carpshooter; 11-23-2011 at 09:43 AM. Reason: spelling and looking a second time

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    What did I miss.

One minute were talkin broadheads and the next were talkin about douche bags.

Had to double check to make sure I wasn't in the off topic.

Anyway......I ve been sticking to slick tricks the last couple of years. Not the cheepest head out there but I get good flight out of them and they seem to tune up easily. If you make a good shot with a clean pass through most times you can wash it off and use it for the next deer, I got one head that's put down three deer before I had to change the blades. Like any broadhead, shot placement is key, a good shot and your drinkin beer within a half hour, make a bad shot and your on your hands and knee's searching for blood.

Good luck with the rest of your drama.
    I find
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

with owning a shop i hear good and bad stories about almost every type of broadhead i sell . mostly good stories . i like fixed heads and i shoot my hunting setup at usually around 330fps or so . which takes some heads out of the setups .

Scent free & sittin High vortec 1's Avatar

Shot a lot of fixed and Mechanical's and like Gator said,there's nothing like a well placed shot first and for most. I now shoot the Rage because I've not seen a broad head that has a bigger entry and exit hole or the most damage.My Son is shooting the Swhacker so were waiting to see what kind of damage they do.
    HIGH COUNTRY SPEED PRO X10 "SPEED KILLS",HHA site,Carbon force Mayhem/Easton Fat Boy Arrows,Alpine quiver,TM hunter and Swhacker Broadheads.

just finished butchering a buck i shot during gun season . when i went to remove his head a 100 muzzy 4 with the insert fell out of his neck guess il rule that one out . had seen the small hole in the neck and thought it was from fighting .

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

theres no doubt that rage makes some of the finest heads out there.
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    just finished butchering a buck i shot during gun season . when i went to remove his head a 100 muzzy 4 with the insert fell out of his neck guess il rule that one out . had seen the small hole in the neck and thought it was from fighting .
    Why? That sounds like some idiot that can't shoot or build arrows....glue an arrow right and shoot the deer right and you wouldn't have got to shoot that buck.

95% of people that complain about a broadhead need to complain about themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shoot the old two blade rocky mtn snypers. Almost the same thing as a rage never had any problems.. I've hit a couple deers to high and the the head saved me.. Most people make a bad shot and then blame the broadhead insted of there self.