You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stabiliser Help

Default Stabiliser Help

What would be a great stabiliser for my Mathews 3D bow for next year Comp???Can only go out to 12" in my class,but I'm not a skyte

Im using an 8 oz B Stinger, but anything thats a weight forward design should work pretty good
    Archerytalk, Helping Sponsors fleece novice Archers since 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by Compound Comedian View Post
    Im using an 8 oz B Stinger, but anything thats a weight forward design should work pretty good
    Thanks C.C have been using Axions and just wanted to shop it around a little
    Thanks Mate

I have a ten inch B-stinger with the 14 oz. disk on the end. It felt alittle different when I first switched to that much weight on the end of the stabilizer but after a dozen shot you start noticing how steady your holding.

On a 5 spot target I went from a 298/299 shooter in BHFS to getting a few 300 rounds under my belt with that stibilizer.

B-stinger is a costly bar but there are alot of look alikes out there right now that are putting out a good stiff bar using the same principals as the stinger for alot less on the price.

Well worth looking into if your going to punch some paper this year.

I have had b-stingers and similar carbon rod, disc weight stabilizers. They are very good and work. I recently switched to the T-style vendetta stabilizer. 10.25", 4oz on both ends of the T, plus the weight of the T (an additional 2oz). Not sure if it is the right combo for my bow or what, but I cannot believe how much more quickly my bow steadies and how well it feels at full draw.

B-Stinger or nothing for me.

Right now I am playing with a BHFS setup on my Katera....I am running a 10" bar with 14oz weight. I am using a 10" bar because of the QD and side rod mount.....

There are other good stabs out there.....but none better IMO. You can find cheaper....but just like most things that are really that much cheaper....they aren't usually better.

12" B-Stinger: $79 (any weight you want)
    8" Stokerized: $73 (LAS doesn't have the 10" listed)
    12" Doinker Dish: $91 (only comes with 4 oz)
    11.5" Doinker Elite: $141
    10" Doinker Elite Ratty: $171
    10.5" Doinker Carbon 3D/Field: $67
    12" Fuse Carbon blade: $100

I left out a few for several reasons....either I don't consider them on the same level as what is listed or I couldn't find a price for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
    B-Stinger or nothing for me.

Right now I am playing with a BHFS setup on my Katera....I am running a 10" bar with 14oz weight. I am using a 10" bar because of the QD and side rod mount.....

There are other good stabs out there.....but none better IMO. You can find cheaper....but just like most things that are really that much cheaper....they aren't usually better.

12" B-Stinger: $79 (any weight you want)
    8" Stokerized: $73 (LAS doesn't have the 10" listed)
    12" Doinker Dish: $91 (only comes with 4 oz)
    11.5" Doinker Elite: $141
    10" Doinker Elite Ratty: $171
    10.5" Doinker Carbon 3D/Field: $67
    12" Fuse Carbon blade: $100

I left out a few for several reasons....either I don't consider them on the same level as what is listed or I couldn't find a price for them.
    Thats a Big Thanks Hornet serious many thanks for all your advice Mate

not a problem bud

Tell Me has anyone tried the new doinker disc???They look ugly as sin but are they any good at all???
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

they work fine, to many parts in my opinion. If you want more than 4oz which it comes with you are looking at an expensive set up and yes I think they look like crap.

Thanks C.C good to see your back-up and running,B-Stingers are a bit hard to get down under a local dude got the 12" @14oz other wise have to come ex Anyways thanks again Westy
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

14oz , is on the heavy side for me anyway, if you have a light bow it will pronbably be ok, most guys i know are on the 8 or 11 oz size.

Vendetta Archery Owner jfuller17's Avatar

B-stinger is a great bar.....if you are looking for the same weight forward type of bar but with a little more adjustment check out www.vendettaarchery.net We have a new head coming out this year that will be available in about a week. They will be basically bullet proof and carry a lifetime warranty. We use the same quality Hi-mod carbon for out main shafts as the top companies. Here is a couple pics of new head. Please dont hesitate to ask if you have any questions. The b-stinger is a great bar that would also suit your need fine. Just thought I would give you another option.

Jason
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2720.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	151.6 KB 
ID:	24402 - t3h 3d shoots   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2726.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	139.8 KB 
ID:	24403 - t3h 3d shoots  
    Vendetta Archery
    Strothers SR-71

Proudly representing BowTech, Oak Ridge Archery, Vaportrail, Gold Tip, Dead Center Archery Products and CNC slings for the 2012 season

I like the idea of the t head stabs, I got two 12" 8 oz B stings I bought used for less the one of those so I will stick with them

Quote Originally Posted by jfuller17 View Post
    B-stinger is a great bar.....if you are looking for the same weight forward type of bar but with a little more adjustment check out www.vendettaarchery.net We have a new head coming out this year that will be available in about a week. They will be basically bullet proof and carry a lifetime warranty. We use the same quality Hi-mod carbon for out main shafts as the top companies. Here is a couple pics of new head. Please dont hesitate to ask if you have any questions. The b-stinger is a great bar that would also suit your need fine. Just thought I would give you another option.

Jason
    neat idea......adjustable weights from side to side on a front bar.

Can you tell the difference on how the bow sits in your hand when you move weight around from side to side?

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    neat idea......adjustable weights from side to side on a front bar.

Can you tell the difference on how the bow sits in your hand when you move weight around from side to side?
    Yes you can for sure. You can get the bow level to be perfect at full draw depending on your hand torque. Everyone hold a bow different.
    Vendetta Archery
    Strothers SR-71

Quote Originally Posted by Compound Comedian View Post
    I like the idea of the t head stabs, I got two 12" 8 oz B stings I bought used for less the one of those so I will stick with them
    Cant say I blame you at all especially if its working for you. The old saying goes "if it aint broke, dont fix it"
    Vendetta Archery
    Strothers SR-71

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Tell Me has anyone tried the new doinker disc???They look ugly as sin but are they any good at all???

I run the DISH and love it. It is a really versatile stabilizer (as are many others). Removes sound. Removes vibration. Can add or remove weight as needed. Can offset weight. Can move weight anywhere around the perimeter of the hub.

Price is dependant on where you get it from. I have seen them as low as $60 new on the net.

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

i have a stokerized 20" in front and a 8" model for the side bar on my matrix and they do fine for now. but in the near future i am planning on buying a 24" fuse carbon blade with a 8" or 10" blade on the side
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff