You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

View Poll Results: Crossbows for or against

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

11 30.56%
  • NO

4 11.11%
  • Depends

8 22.22%
  • Dont care

13 36.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default This should be fun.

Crossbows what say you?

Please give a quick answer to why you voted how you voted.
    Last edited by BUNNYMAN; 11-25-2011 at 05:44 PM.
    I cut things up and split them down!

If it's legal, use it. I've never shot one but for those that do, it's not a problem with me.

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

for the handicapped and old folks

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    X2 an older long time bow hunter couldn't shoot his bow anymore so his son bought him a cross bow. They still are hunting together and his father is 75yrs old.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    NEED A STRING OR A SLING? PM OR EMAIL US @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    Check us out at bowstringdepot.com Now Open

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    X2 an older long time bow hunter couldn't shoot his bow anymore so his son bought him a cross bow. They still are hunting together and his father is 75yrs old.

Hutch
    Just like my fahter n law
    he is 89 now and can't even get in tha woods any more

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Scent free & sittin High vortec 1's Avatar

Only for elderly or handicapped.I don't like em used during bow season because all it does here is enable gun hunters who are to lazy to learn how to shoot a bow, go out there and think they are Robin Hood and think they can shoot 100 yrd's with them and there goes the peace and quiet during bow season!!
    HIGH COUNTRY SPEED PRO X10 "SPEED KILLS",HHA site,Carbon force Mayhem/Easton Fat Boy Arrows,Alpine quiver,TM hunter and Swhacker Broadheads.

You should be right then on both counts!!!
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

So not for the guy that doesnt have time to practice enough with the compound to become proficiant? (i.e. the guy that still desires to get some time in the woods, but does not have the time to put in shooting his bow enough to become lethal) By this I am talking the guy with a family who works alot of hours to make ends meet. I want to be clear that I am not speaking about myself here, but know a few guys that work a ton and can not afford to take the time to shoot alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post

Hutch
    Thats awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by vortec 1 View Post
    Only for elderly or handicapped.I don't like em used during bow season because all it does here is enable gun hunters who are to lazy to learn how to shoot a bow, go out there and think they are Robin Hood and think they can shoot 100 yrd's with them and there goes the peace and quiet during bow season!!
    How about guys that can not become better with a compound? and get frustrated and give up all together. would it be better to let them use a crossbow and keep them on OUR side?

Thats a pretty bold statement.
    Last edited by BUNNYMAN; 11-26-2011 at 09:18 AM.
    I cut things up and split them down!

I dont care for them. but if some one wants to use one go for it. I might have to use one when I get old.
    Lingerie football. I dont care who wins.

sent using my keyboard and two fingers

Let them be used during muzzleloader and gun season unless your in a wheel chair
    Archerytalk, Helping Sponsors fleece novice Archers since 2001.

Scent free & sittin High vortec 1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    So not for the guy that doesnt have time to practice enough with the compound to become proficiant? (i.e. the guy that still desires to get some time in the woods, but does not have the time to put in shooting his bow enough to become lethal) By this I am talking the guy with a family who works alot of hours to make ends meet. I want to be clear that I am not speaking about myself here, but know a few guys that work a ton and can not afford to take the time to shoot alot.

Thats awesome.

How about guys that can not become better with a compound? and get frustrated and give up all together. would it be better to let them use a crossbow and keep them on OUR side?

Thats a pretty bold statement.
    Sure, if your just not able to hit with a compound.
    The answer if it's legal who cares may work in most states but here we have a hunter on every five acre parcel,five different gun season's.Two before bow season so to me it just bring's the orange army into bow season.Use it during gun season.I'm sure most would agree if your a bow hunter, you don't have that if I see it it's dead attitude.You know your limitation's with your shooting distance.Not seeing this now.If your in a state where you don't run into other hunters than do what ya want.JMO
    HIGH COUNTRY SPEED PRO X10 "SPEED KILLS",HHA site,Carbon force Mayhem/Easton Fat Boy Arrows,Alpine quiver,TM hunter and Swhacker Broadheads.

NO in archery season unless there is a documented physical reason you can't draw a bow. I'm fine with using them in rifle, SG or ML season. I might get one myself, I hate SG that much.
    FBSA Member

I plan on using one when the day comes I cant use a compound... Plan on hunting for awhile!
    Hoyt Trykon-390 gr.@280fps.
    Truglo Tool-less / 5-.019" pins
    WB/Double STS/S-Coil Stab./CSS Tunerz
    5575 GT XT Hunters/G5 Tekan-II/Tru-Ball Copperhead

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

Doesn't matter to me. They are going to be legal for early archery next season; I have no desire to switch to one.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Doesn't matter to me......each there own.

They are a great hunting tool. I hunt with a compound but do have a crossbow. If you don't want crossbow hunters in bow season then you need to remove compounds also and make it long or recurves for bow season. I think we need to stick together instead of trying to stop others because you don't like it. There are enough anti's already without giving them more to go on.
    Athens Factory Staff Shooter
    Dead Center Archery Staff Shooter/Tru Ball staff shooter/Bohning Shooting Staff
    K&E Taxidermy
    http://www.freewebs.com/gerrystaxidermy/index.htm

OK as long as its not a compound crossbow
    Archerytalk, Helping Sponsors fleece novice Archers since 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by Compound Comedian View Post
    OK as long as its not a compound crossbow
    Some of them are faster than the compound crossbows.
    Athens Factory Staff Shooter
    Dead Center Archery Staff Shooter/Tru Ball staff shooter/Bohning Shooting Staff
    K&E Taxidermy
    http://www.freewebs.com/gerrystaxidermy/index.htm

they have been totally legal here in pa for the last two seasons. since then i have seen lots of deer with bolts stuck in them. i don't care if one wants to use them but it leads to people doing what many do during gun season. not shooting until they are in the tree. bow crossbow or gun you still need to practice before you hunt and i think lots of people forget that when they pick up a crossbow.

Depends. For the elderly and for the handicap, I think it's great.

Hunting with a crossbow is not the evil thing that will bring an end to bowhunting as we know it, but it should not be confused with bowhunting imo.

If someone can't master a skill set why must we change the rules to accommodate their short commings? This reminds me of how they no longer allow outs or keep score at tball games. Or how every one requardless if they finish 1st or 12th gets a trophy.

That's my opinion anyhow. If it's legal it's legal, no one will hear a complaint from me outwardly. But since I don't know any of you and am talking thru a computer, I'll speak my mind.
    Be good or be good at it.