You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default center-shot tuning mathews Reezen 6.5

Recently bought a used Reezen 6.5 and had a Ripcord rest installed. The shop had the rest to the extreme right of the riser. Seemed to shot well at 20yds, but paper-tuned @ (/).

Reset the center-shot according to the lamination line on the grip. Paper tune improved somewhat, but shot for S##t!

3rd. shop set the center-shot with a laser alignment tool and I'm back to square one. The rest is tuned to drop away correctly it seems.

Any experienced thoughts/solutions greatly appreciated,..... thanks

That's a hard bow to tune, I've worked on four different one's. You can play with the split yokes on the buss cable and improve it. Hold a straight edge down the side of the idler cam and try to get the idler wheel straight, if it still tears sideways and it straight, add a couple twist to the yoke. Left side of the yoke will fix a left tear and vice versa for the right .. Also bottom out the limbs and back out evenly,if one limb has more on it than the other it will show nock travel, by tearing hi or low through the paper. If there backed out even and it tears high or low you can add a half a turn to the bottom limb and is if it improves or not.. The rezeen Likes a very stiff arrow, and seems to tune closer to the riser (or wall) some where around 9/16" off the wall to the center of the arrow..The best one that I worked on had a bododdle rest, for some reason it shot the best through the paper and grouped the best. Its like they need something to guide the arrow. I tried several different fall away's too. both Qad's, dropzones, and some others. hope this help you out,

A dude at my local club shoots a 6.5 but uses a QAD hdx and that baby sings he leads the OHC class at the moment I'll ask roman what the GO is for you ???
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Thanks for the info guys. Guess it's time to invest in my own tuning tools and drag out the old metal yard stick, dividers, calipers and yea-old magic wand . limited time; back later

I have a lefty Reezen and my Ripcord rest is all the way to the end of it's travel toward the riser, that's where it bulletholes. Those bows are also easy to torque. I have a Focus grip on mine.
    Last edited by nuttinbutchunks; 12-17-2011 at 08:34 PM.

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

Isnt the center shot on all mathews 13/16"?
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

Quote Originally Posted by wilkersonhunter View Post
    Isnt the center shot on all mathews 13/16"?
    I Don't think so !!!! I'm sure the monsters are different
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Hoyt Vertor Turbo

The idler wheel will not be strait when bow is at rest you want it to be strait when at full draw witch is different because of torque from the roller gard when you draw it should lean a small amount when at rest then straiten out when you draw the bow. Thats on a single cam mathews bow as for cam lean I have know idea how to fix that on those bows and I have seen alot of mathews that have it and most shops will just say thats normal cause they have know idea how to fix it ether and dont want to deal with it thats one reason I no longer own a mathews just one reason.
    Last edited by matrix,hoyt; 12-18-2011 at 07:43 PM.