You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Archery Accessory Gift Ideas?

I want to spend $50 - $80 ish on an accessory (or a few accessories) for a woman who is soon going to be buying a bow and starting doing archery. I dont' know what sort of bow that she is going to get, but my guess is as powerful of a compound bow as a ~120 lbs. woman can handle. She isn't going be slaying anything with it, but I expect that she will want to do all the other fun stuff with it. She will probably want to spend around $300 on the bow, so maybe that gives you an idea of what she will end up with. I'm going to educate myself to help her select the right bow, but that will take me a while and I want to get her something for xmas in the meantime.

I know you all have some great ideas waiting for me, so let's hear it. My only idea was some nice target arrows (if you agree, let me know which ones you would recommend for a female).

I would go with a nice release.. as far as the arrows go anything from easton would be a good choice..

Any suggestions for a nice release? Not sure if it matters that she is female and has small hands.

A Scott 'itty bitty goose. What colors is she into? Do you think the bow will be camo or a target color or black? Us girls have to match everything lol! You could get a custom sling as one of the accessories. I use CNC slings http://www.cncslings.com/
    Or maybe a nice quiver. If you want to get target arrows that would depend on what kind of target shooting she wants to do. Will she be entering competitions? Then will she be doing indoor, 3D or what? I shoot different arrows depending on what season it is. Right now is indoor season and most people are shooting fat arrows like Gold Tip xxx's. Also, arrows are not very cheap if you get the high end ones. You may be able to find some used ones. Then you could get some custom wraps and fletchings and make them whatever your heart desires. I know it depends on what brand of bow she gets, but if you have a good idea you could go to that companies website and look what they might have for shirts and jackets or hats and other accessories with their logo on it.
    Another idea would be a nice stabilizer. You can also find wraps for them to be customized. I use Dead Center products http://deadcenterarchery.com/
    They have very good products at a good price and the customer service is very good. If she is going to shoot bowhunter then you can get the bare minimum and stay in your budget.
    Proudly representing BowTech, Oak Ridge Archery, Vaportrail, Gold Tip, Dead Center Archery Products and CNC slings for the 2012 season

I don't think color will matter all that much, but she does love traditional woodland camo (the old school military camo), and generally likes green things. She would probably like a bright green bow too.

Since we are both new to archery and are not sure what she will end up doing, I can't answer a lot of the questions, but my guess is that she would love to do 3d shoots indoors as well as outdoors. Stabalizer sounds like I probably want to wait for her to get the bow first?

A cool quiver might work ... any ideas on specific models? Anything with woodland camo or green is a plus...

Also, any more info about the arrows would also be useful. I'm talking specific models and specs. Something that a novice like myself can understand. I don't know if the fact that she is a small girl vs. a big dude changes what arrows you are going to consider.

We are in southern california, so the "seasons" don't really exist. We can shoot outdoors year-round.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Cal_Hawkeye; 12-13-2011 at 02:48 PM.

I think Wheely is back open for business for a little bit now, so a custom Wheely quiver would be a great idea.