You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Strother Moxie

Default Strother Moxie

The rep brought by the new Strother Moxie by for us to shoot today at Cinnamon Creek.
    ATA: 37-1/2"
    Brace Ht: 7-3/8"
    Let off: 80%
    The bow was a 60lb model that reached 62.4lb with the limb bolts bottomed out at a 29" draw with the #7 modules and the draw stop in the 80% let off setting. The bow can also be set at 70% let off as well. The first thing we noticed was the light feel for a tournament/competition bow. The Badger cam system produces a ultra-smooth draw to a solid back wall Strother bows are now for. The shot was smooth as the top of bow rolled back slightly. We installed a combination of stabilizers, but I seemed to find the best balance with a Stokerized 10" Hunter with 5-5/8oz & a bowjax. When shooting a 340 grain arrow the bow sat firmly in hand and propelled it through the chronograph at 292fps repeatedly. I invited one of our CCR pro staffers to come buy and shoot it as well. He uses a back tension release where I use a trigger style so I wanted to gain his feedback. He found the solid back wall to his liking and also remarked about the light feel of the bow along with the smooth draw and release. Honestly, I have never looked at tournament/competition bows before and have always competed with the bows I hunted with.

The Moxie has helped change my mind about that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	moxie1 (600 x 800).jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	24423 - t3h 3d shoots   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	moxie2 (600 x 800).jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	24424 - t3h 3d shoots  

Nice review and nice looking bow.
    Speed seems a little slow considering the specs and a 330IBO, but maybe I did calc wrong.
    Looking forward to trying one.

Light and target bow never seem to be in the same category.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    The rep brought by the new Strother Moxie by for us to shoot today at Cinnamon Creek.
    ATA: 37-1/2"
    Brace Ht: 7-3/8"
    Let off: 80%
    The bow was a 60lb model that reached 62.4lb with the limb bolts bottomed out at a 29" draw with the #7 modules and the draw stop in the 80% let off setting. The bow can also be set at 70% let off as well. The first thing we noticed was the light feel for a tournament/competition bow. The Badger cam system produces a ultra-smooth draw to a solid back wall Strother bows are now for. The shot was smooth as the top of bow rolled back slightly. We installed a combination of stabilizers, but I seemed to find the best balance with a Stokerized 10" Hunter with 5-5/8oz & a bowjax. When shooting a 340 grain arrow the bow sat firmly in hand and propelled it through the chronograph at 292fps repeatedly. I invited one of our CCR pro staffers to come buy and shoot it as well. He uses a back tension release where I use a trigger style so I wanted to gain his feedback. He found the solid back wall to his liking and also remarked about the light feel of the bow along with the smooth draw and release. Honestly, I have never looked at tournament/competition bows before and have always competed with the bows I hunted with.

The Moxie has helped change my mind about that.
    These seem like a sweet thing but whats the bottem line?????
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Talking Here's what I think !

This is my type of bow for hunting !

I like longer ATA for spots !
    Last edited by Carpshooter; 12-12-2011 at 08:14 AM. Reason: spelling and looking a second time

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

glad to hear strother is still making great strides to be a big bow manufacturer. i have had several of the strother bows and really liked the infinity the best.
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff