You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default One of the dumbest things the old Gator has ever done.......

Besides acouple of ex-wives....but that's another story.

The company I work for has down sized 3 times, I'm the last one left in my office, unemployment in michigan is right around 11% and what do I do???

Buy property.

The property next to mine came up for sale and I really don't want new neighbors so I told the old lady it's all or nothin and we made the purchase.There is about 12 acres of mature pines and swamp with about a 9 acre open field in the back that is starting to grow up some scrub brush. It fits up real nice to the 10 I already own.

It's got excellent deer hunting all I have to do is pay for it now.

Here's a couple of crappy cell phone pics I took the other day while hunting. They are even some deer in the one pic but I don't think you can see them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00006-20111202-1706.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	24425 - t3h 3d shoots   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00007-20111202-1706.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	24426 - t3h 3d shoots   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00005-20111202-1705.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	24427 - t3h 3d shoots  

I would say you done ok. IF you got a good deal on it. if it has a house on it you could rent it out. which can be a pain in the asre somtimes. OR put a bunch of trailers on it and rent to wellfare people. let the gov. pay the rent for them. this way you always get your rent money. I can see another Donald Trump in the making.
    Lingerie football. I dont care who wins.

sent using my keyboard and two fingers

Whats dumb about this???? You can now run a hunting lodge and cash in!!! i bet Wheres Bruce and myself would pay to hunt on old gators backyard for critters,I know at least another 20 or 30 blokes from down under that would pay you quite well for the chance to have a go at this. Check out Australian Bow Hunting forum,1\2 these guys would jump at the chance
    Gatoreye the land Barron of Michigan
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Talking Am I Bad

The property next to mine came up for sale and I really don't want new neighbors so I told the old lady it's all or nothin and we made the purchase.There is about 12 acres of mature pines and swamp with about a 9 acre open field in the back that is starting to grow up some scrub brush. It fits up real nice to the 10 I already own.

You could have just married her??? 3rd times the charm!!!
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Talking I agree with you !

You need a better cell phone !

Wish you well , land baron Gator Eye !

Deer in thee middle of the corn feild in the middle pic?
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by longcut36 View Post
    I would say you done ok. IF you got a good deal on it. if it has a house on it you could rent it out. which can be a pain in the asre somtimes. OR put a bunch of trailers on it and rent to wellfare people. let the gov. pay the rent for them. this way you always get your rent money. I can see another Donald Trump in the making.
    No house just vacant land, it butts up to my place so now my house could be considered to be on it. Just say NO to any sort of renters, we baught it just so we wouldn't end up with any close neighbors. Right now we got to run 1/4 mile to the nearest neighbor and 1/2 in the other direction. It's not that I'm anti-social, it's just that I'm anti-social and for the most part I don't like people watching what I'm doing, On my property the world's my toilet, me and the dogs spent last evening walking around, drinkin beer, and peeing on every bush and tree we could muster.

It'll be a smart buy if I stay working, if I don't, well it could get alittle tight. Payments are about the same as a used truck payment so we decided to buy the land and drive a rusty ford.

I know what you mean. my closest neighbor is about a 1/2 mile away. it not that I dont like neighbors I like my privacy more. as for the trailer bit I was joking about that. I tried it once. a friend in trailer sales gave me a older trailer. in good shape but not worth trying to sale. well three renters later and -400 dollar's I had enough aggregation. I took a chain saw cut all the walls out and made a work shop out of it. best move I ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by longcut36 View Post
    I know what you mean. my closest neighbor is about a 1/2 mile away. it not that I dont like neighbors I like my privacy more. as for the trailer bit I was joking about that. I tried it once. a friend in trailer sales gave me a older trailer. in good shape but not worth trying to sale. well three renters later and -400 dollar's I had enough aggregation. I took a chain saw cut all the walls out and made a work shop out of it. best move I ever made.
    Sounds like you put up with three renters more than I would of.....then I probably would get sued for kicking them out on there behind unlawfully.

Although I was thinking of a old trailer and convert it over to a heated deer blind.

if you check around that some of the trailer sale lots you might get a older one for free. also I have saw then in the local trading journal. free must be hauled away. would make a good hunting cabin.

Talking A little known fact !

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    No house just vacant land, it butts up to my place so now my house could be considered to be on it. Just say NO to any sort of renters, we baught it just so we wouldn't end up with any close neighbors. Right now we got to run 1/4 mile to the nearest neighbor and 1/2 in the other direction. It's not that I'm anti-social, it's just that I'm anti-social and for the most part I don't like people watching what I'm doing, On my property the world's my toilet, me and the dogs spent last evening walking around, drinkin beer, and peeing on every bush and tree we could muster.

It'll be a smart buy if I stay working, if I don't, well it could get alittle tight. Payments are about the same as a used truck payment so we decided to buy the land and drive a rusty ford.
    That's what I like about Iowa's cornfields at times , privacy !

Talking Can't believe I came back to this thread !

But it's TTT time again !

You " LAND BARON " , are !