You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member

Default New Member

Hi guy's and gal's first time poster here wanted to say
    As I will be purchasing a new bow this upcoming week ( I am torn between the Bear Carnage, Anarchy and Mathew's Z7 ) so I don't have much to offer in the way of archery knowledge but I am interested in learning all that I can to help make my fledgeling experience as painless as possible.
    Any help that you good people can throw my way would bu much appreciated.

Vertigo

Thumbs up You've come to the right place !

I'll get the wagon out for you !

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo View Post
    Hi guy's and gal's first time poster here wanted to say :
    As I will be purchasing a new bow this upcoming week ( I am torn between the Bear Carnage, Anarchy and Mathew's Z7 ) so I don't have much to offer in the way of archery knowledge but I am interested in learning all that I can to help make my fledgeling experience as painless as possible.
    Any help that you good people can throw my way would bu much appreciated.:
    Vertigo
    GiDay Vertigo and to the new Mathews site all 3 are nice and completly different to shoot???Z7 30"ATA while the bears are 32 and 33" I think, so there all going to shoot different to each other!!!!Best way is to take them all out and shotem till you know whats you like,nice to see that that other brand didn't get a mention,eh carpshooter
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Hello!

Lots of good people here to get you pointed in the right direction.

Don't be afraid to ask!

WELCOME!!!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    NEED A STRING OR A SLING? PM OR EMAIL US @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    Check us out at bowstringdepot.com Now Open

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

first of all lets throw the big out there. the bows that you mentioned are all worth looking at indeed. but imo i would think the carnage would be the better bow out of them all.
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

Default Thank's for the warm welcome

Thank's for the warm welcome everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    GiDay Vertigo and to the new Mathews site :lol all 3 are nice and completly different to shoot???Z7 30"ATA while the bears are 32 and 33" I think, so there all going to shoot different to each other!!!!Best way is to take them all out and shotem till you know whats you like,nice to see that that other brand didn't get a mention,eh carpshooter :
    I'll be heading to the local shop this weekend and see what string's I like bent the most.. Thank's

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBee View Post
    Hello!

Lots of good people here to get you pointed in the right direction.

Don't be afraid to ask!
    I have been doing a bit of reading and agree with you there however I wont mention any name's but I am figuring out who I should try and avoid...LOL

Just kidding anyone who can hit a target not much bigger than a coffee can at any distance over 20 feet with an exotic twig is ok in my book..

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo View Post
    Thank's for the warm welcome everyone.

I'll be heading to the local shop this weekend and see what string's I like bent the most.. Thank's

I have been doing a bit of reading and agree with you there however I wont mention any name's but I am figuring out who I should try and avoid...LOL

Just kidding anyone who can hit a target not much bigger than a coffee can at any distance over 20 feet with an exotic twig is ok in my book..
    Didn't take him long to figure Carpy out

Hoyt Vertor Turbo

What the better bow brand Hoyt Vector turbo best bow I have ever shot smooth with speed not nocking mathews but had 4 of the new ones and had problems with all except the the switchback xt.

Hoyt Vertor Turbo

What the better bow brand Hoyt Vector turbo best bow I have ever shot smooth with speed not nocking mathews but had 4 of the new ones and had problems with all except the the switchback xt never had a problem with one of my hoyts tuffest bow bilt.

This is the problem with having one eye it makes you write everything twice!!!
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Hoyt Vertor Turbo

Sorry but just clearing up witch is the best bilt bow and mathews bow the strings come upart at the servings on every bow had cams just bust apart on my monster bad bearings in monster 7 and z7 had one I picked up at the shop drew back loop on the yoke came apart bow blew up cut hand and face could have been worse I would cringe to draw back a mathews so I have had my fair share of mathews and would never pay that much for such a poorly bilt pice of junk bow. Not a fear in my mind when I draw back a hoyt and I know where the arrows going X marks the spot so if I have one eye when Im shooting my 320 to 325 score thats ok with me.
    Last edited by matrix,hoyt; 12-16-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Sorry to hear that you had such bad luck with the Mathew's line of bow's Matrix I will keep your experience in mind while out on my bow foray.
    I am sure that Westy was just kidding with you about the double post don't take it too seriously.
    Not sure if your shooting score is a good one or not but congrat's on it.

Talking A little known fact !

We got a rule around here and here it goes ; If your shooting for pride than it's Martin , Bear , PSE, Bowtech , Darton , Elite , Diamond , Alpine or Hoyt !

If it's for money only , than it's Mathews as they have been known to pay extra , if you win !

Hoyt Vertor Turbo

Have had PSE x-foce great shooting bow got great scores with it also just did not care for the big hump in the draw cycle but still never had one single problem as I did with mathews have had many hoyts never had even serving seperation on the strings or cables had on both on my mathews and when I said the cams broke I mean they cracked in half when I shot it on my monster. Thats if you win they pay extra the only comp I see where they win is the one on mathews tv where they all shoot mathews.
    Last edited by matrix,hoyt; 12-16-2011 at 06:56 PM.

Go and shoot every bow that you can and then come back to a BowTech lol! Welcome and congrats on getting into archery, whatever you get.
    Proudly representing BowTech, Oak Ridge Archery, Vaportrail, Gold Tip, Dead Center Archery Products and CNC slings for the 2012 season

Default Update

My new Conundrum
    Well went yesterday and shot the Bear Carnage and can't say that I was superbly impressed, I mean the bow felt nice, was smooth and quiet, nice camo finish, but I haven't shot many other bow's with which to compare it to ( I used to have a PSE Carrera I bought used that I tinkered a little in the backyard with ).
    The Bear Anarchy was tied up with people waiting to shoot that and I didn't feel like waiting in line.

I did however shoot the Bowtech Invasion CPX and although it felt different, in comparison to the Carnage, it was just as smooth and almost as quiet, a bit of hand vibration which could be attributed to the way I shot, the bow's camo finish in my eye's leave's ALOT to be desired, however that is just my opinion.

However I have a question.
    Is the Invasion inherently more accurate than the Carnage, or Anarchy as I would like to possibly shoot for fun in a local 3D club ?

Default It's the Anarchy

Wanted to update the thread.
    I am now the proud owner of the new Bear Anarchy which I must say is 10 time's smoother and more forgiving than my old PSE Carrera
    I'll be shooting it at length first lite tomorrow.

Congrats on you new bow. Join a league and let the fun begin.